Who went to St Wilfreds RC School

bhoy

• 3 weeks later...

I have noted a few names that were there same time as me. As per my last input, I met a lady on the bus. Same class as me from 1945 to 1955. I have a school/class photo from approx. 1950 and promised to get it to her. Alas she has no puter. I should have given her my callers card. I realised her family would probably have access. So if any of you are from that era and are in touch with Pat Pinder. please contact or pass on peteranyon@talktalk.net. I can email the photo.

Edited by ptrA

• 1 year later...

My pal Trevor Ford's young sister Gloria, came to see me last week. Not seen each other since I left school (1954). We mulled over the last 62 years and hopefully another meet for further memories. Amazing, at school a few yeras is a mile apart now we are older, there's no gap.

• 1 year later...

If anyone is interested there is a reunion at St Wilfrid's School this coming Saturday, 7th July 7.30pm to 11pm. Tickets are priced at £10.00 (all profits are going to be split between a local charity, St Vincent's Furniture Store and Mary's Meals). Tickets can be bought on the night, there is a licensed bar and a live band. Come along and renew a few old friendships.

• 1 year later...
On 26/11/2011 at 19:04, terry11 said:

I was at St. Wilfrids until 1968. I remember Gillian, Jennifer, Carole, Mena, Ruth, Brenda, David, Keith, Anthony, Peter, John and many more. Happy times...my teachers were Mr Simmerson, Miss Pollard, Miss West, Miss Kearns(?), Miss O´Neill and Miss Geraghty was the headmistress. Anyone else there at that time??

I taught there in 1960-1962 . Miss Hodges, then married and was  Mrs Johnston. Miss Geraghty took over headship soon after I started. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have done research in picture Sheffield and I have found some information about st Wilfrid's presbrary which is now st Wilfrid's centre which opened in 1991 as a day centre of you go on picture Sheffield out in the search box at Wilfrid's and you should find some old pictures of what the building looked like I hope you find this useful 

• 3 months later...

Last year I designed and printed a leaflet on the history of St. Wilfrid's and Mother of God parishes.  Message me anyone if you would like a copy sent on email.  Alternatively, I think the printed versions are available free of charge inside the church.

• 2 years later...

I had the misfortune of attending St Wifrids Primary School Sheffield in the late 1950’s - - 1960’s   The headteacher Nora  Gheraty protected Frank O ‘Hara’s abuse of children within the school for years   I remember Miss Kearns from Junior 3  rushing into Junior 4 class to protect the children  that O’Hara was kicking and thrashing for no obvious reason.  
How I would like to meet the two of them again