Probably Sounds A Bit Weird Question

In 1959 I worked for Parkins the builders who's offices were in Whiston , The site we worked on was at Bradway Tinkers corner .

The foreman was called Jack Horne and he was very strict with us apprentices , he would not let us use the toilets in the nearly finished posh houses and we had to go where ever we could , One of our jobs was to clean the finished houses out and Jack used to inspect our attempts at this by running his fingers on door tops and also in the airing cupboards looking for dust we may have missed , 

The airing cupboard was  ceiling high and Jack had to stretch up to feel the tops rails for any dust without being able to see the spot .

One inspection he stretched up and uttered the foulest building language ever heard on any building site ever .

Snuff ,(nickname) A bricklaying apprentice had done his no two on a sheet of newspaper and stored it on the top shelf of the cupboard knowing that Jack would do his usual trick looking for dust before giving us the usual rollicking , All hell broke loose as Jack was covered in the offending turd , He stopped ourSaturday morning (time and a quarter pay on Saturday) and made our life hell for weeks , but we never saw him do his dust sweep again .

Edited by cuttsie

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

In 1959 I worked for Parkins the builders who's offices were in Whiston , The site we worked on was at Bradway Tinkers corner .

The foreman was called Jack Horne and he was very strict with us apprentices , he would not let us use the toilets in the nearly finished posh houses and we had to go where ever we could , One of our jobs was to clean the finished houses out and Jack used to inspect our attempts at this by running his fingers on door tops and also in the airing cupboards looking for dust we may have missed , 

The airing cupboard was  ceiling high and Jack had to stretch up to feel the tops rails for any dust without being able to see the spot .

One inspection he stretched up and uttered the foulest building language ever heard on any building site ever .

Snuff ,(nickname) A bricklaying apprentice had done his no two on a sheet of newspaper and stored it on the top shelf of the cupboard knowing that Jack would do his usual trick looking for dust before giving us the usual rollicking , All hell broke loose as Jack was covered in the offending turd , He stopped ourSaturday morning (time and a quarter pay on Saturday) and made our life hell for weeks , but we never saw him do his dust sweep again .

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: 

Brilliant story Cuttsie, 

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: 

Brilliant story Cuttsie, 

I once put a story about my time at Parkins of Rotherham on the Sheffield history and ex pats page , The title was , First day at work and end up with a horse ,  I can't find the thread now but wish I could as it was unfinished . Cheers Padders .

15 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I once put a story about my time at Parkins of Rotherham on the Sheffield history and ex pats page , The title was , First day at work and end up with a horse ,  I can't find the thread now but wish I could as it was unfinished . Cheers Padders .

It's on page 11 of the history and ex pats thread,  Cuttsie.

4 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

It's even worse for women. I used to travel long distances for site visits. No facilities for women in those days! I used to make a note of every McDonald in the area.

That's why a 'she wee' has been invented!

Cuttsie, it’s quite a while since 1959 but I can tell you that an obnoxious local health and safety guy has been wondering where the stink in his office has been coming from for the last week or two. That’ll be the turd sat in his suspended ceiling, not mine I hasten to add. Do carry on your “came home with a horse “ thread, it gave me some good laughs 👍

26 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Cuttsie, it’s quite a while since 1959 but I can tell you that an obnoxious local health and safety guy has been wondering where the stink in his office has been coming from for the last week or two. That’ll be the turd sat in his suspended ceiling, not mine I hasten to add. Do carry on your “came home with a horse “ thread, it gave me some good laughs 👍

Cheers buddy boy , will look it up , Old Bonny my horse at Parkins was the only building worker I ever worked with who crapped where  ever the fancy took her , So this thread is dedicated to her .