20,000 Afghan Refugees Coming To The Uk.

So we are allowing 20000 Afghan refugees to  come to this country are we??? i am assuming these will all be men then? judging by all the men at kabul airport stupidly thinking they could stay on the undercarriage after take off?

please forgive me but why do they leave all the women and children to face the wrath of the Taliban? total cowards stand and fight for your country!

if we take a geographical look at the region there are plenty of countries around them of Muslim nature, so why on earth our little green and sadly not as pleasant now land is the target???.................ah England the land of milk and honey and free housing. madness.

6 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

So we are allowing 20000 Afghan refugees to  come to this country are we??? i am assuming these will all be men then? judging by all the men at kabul airport stupidly thinking they could stay on the undercarriage after take off?

please forgive me but why do they leave all the women and children to face the wrath of the Taliban? total cowards stand and fight for your country!

if we take a geographical look at the region there are plenty of countries around them of Muslim nature, so why on earth our little green and sadly not as pleasant now land is the target???.................ah England the land of milk and honey and free housing. madness.

I think we owe them. We Invaded their country, occupied it for 20 years then just buggered off when it suits. We had no right being there in the 1st place. 

Edited by The_DADDY

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think we owe them. We Invaded their country, occupied it for 20 years then just buggered off when it suits. We had no right being there in the 1st place. 

are you stark ravin?? we owe them??? what after 911?? london? and many other atrocities across the world , the vast majority are Taliban sympathisers and hate the west and all we stand for until they hold their hand out.

we occupied it for a reason the same reason thats happening now.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

The terrorists had no right in basing terrorist training camps in Afghanistan.  The UK and US stayed too long there.  After Osama Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan we should have withdrawn. 

I don't think we should have been there in the first place. 

1 minute ago, ab6262 said:

are you stark ravin?? we owe them??? what after 911?? london? and many other atrocities across the world , the vast majority are Taliban sympathisers and hate the west and all we stand for until they hold their hand out.

No I'm not stark ravin thanks 🙄

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

In that case do you think the West should have just allowed more similar September 11th 2001 mass murder terrorist attacks to take place on high profile civilised country landmarks?

What precisely did Afghanistan have to do with 9/11?

We're talking 20, 000 over a 5 year period.  These will be the most vulnerable, the majority will apparently be women / girls; people from persecuted groups such as those from other minority religions.  So we're being very selective.  We're also going to fully vet those who are going to be allowed in under the Afghan People's Resettlement Programme. 

20,000 deserving people in 5 years is nothing compared to around the 11,000 ILLEGAL migrants who have PAID their way to cross The Channel so far this year.  And that figure is only based on the ones we actually managed to catch illegally coming in. 

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

It was saudis who did 9/11 - the Taliban (not the Afghan people) gave them bed, board and training facilities. If they're Taliban supporters, why are they coming here? You've let your racism cloud your thinking.

20k over 5 years is nothing. If every man, woman and child who came over and trained as a lorry driver,  we'd still be 80k short.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

are you stark ravin??

No, at least not on this thread.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

we owe them???

We do ... we were in alliance with them and now we have let them down.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

what after 911?? london?

Those guys are dead, weren't Afghans and while the Taliban might have supported them, the Taliban are not our Afghans.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

the vast majority are Taliban sympathisers and hate the west

This is just you hating on them.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

we occupied [Afghanistan] it for a reason

... and that reason has not gone away.

No need to thank me, I was just glad to help.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

indeed

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

In that case do you think the West should have just allowed more similar September 11th 2001 mass murder terrorist attacks to take place on high profile civilised country landmarks?

so why havent we invaded pakistan? or even saudi arabia?

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

we owe them???

yup, a lot worked with us and americans during our occupation, they were interpreters etc