20,000 Afghan Refugees Coming To The Uk.

On 19/08/2021 at 20:49, The_DADDY said:

Cheers for that 🙏

Daddy,  I wasn't trying to offend in anyway,  when I saw the two words, so what !  I was astounded,  OK admitted a  knee jerker from me,  then taking your advice and going back to page 1 then  yes I got the gist, my mistake,   no offence intended.  :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Daddy,  I wasn't trying to offend in anyway,  when I saw the two words, so what !  I was astounded,  OK admitted a  knee jerker from me,  then taking your advice and going back to page 1 then  yes I got the gist, my mistake,   no offence intended.  :thumbsup:

No offence taken at all matey. I took my own advice, looked back at the whole thread and saw why you reacted the way you did. 

I was posting from a position of anger and I was quite upset by some of the callus posts so my post of "So what" was aimed squarely at them 

My apologies for not being clearer or at least coming back to you with an explanation 🙏

37 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Britain is America's strongest and most important ally. Britain supported America after the September 11th terrorists attacks resulting in military action taking place in uncivilised Afghanistan. Are you suggesting British troops should be deployed in Afghanistan for a longer period than American troops?  

Uncivilised? 

By who's standards? Ours? 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Britain is America's strongest and most important ally. Britain supported America after the September 11th terrorists attacks resulting in military action taking place in uncivilised Afghanistan. Are you suggesting British troops should be deployed in Afghanistan for a longer period than American troops?  

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !

At best, we're third-favourite, after the saudis and israel.

Tony and George were in love with each other.

Pussy-grabber Trumpet and Shagger Boris were in love with each other.

But Joe Biden has made it quite clear that he can't stand Shagger Boris anymore than I can.

So yeah, you keep deluding yourself that Britain is still vital to US interests

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Why not? There were many many countries who sent troops - albeit some didn't send many (3!).

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2009/sep/21/afghanistan-troop-numbers-nato-data

If we are still going to have a middle eastern policy dictated to by the Americans, then yes, we should leave. I thought we were a global power. Doesn't look like it.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why not? There were many many countries who sent troops - albeit some didn't send many (3!).

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2009/sep/21/afghanistan-troop-numbers-nato-data

If we are still going to have a middle eastern policy dictated to by the Americans, then yes, we should leave. I thought we were a global power. Doesn't look like it.

If we stayed and were attacked by the Taliban then could we invoke article 5 of the NATO charter (correct term?) and demand the US join us? After all we joined the US in Afghanistan as a result of them invoking NATO's article 5.

4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

If we stayed and were attacked by the Taliban then could we invoke article 5 of the NATO charter (correct term?) and demand the US join us? After all we joined the US in Afghanistan as a result of them invoking NATO's article 5.

The Falklands suggests no? They'll do what they like to be fair.

I reckon this will be a chinese/Russian thing now.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

The Falklands suggests no? They'll do what they like to be fair.

I reckon this will be a chinese/Russian thing now.

China have been holding talks with the Taliban for some time now. 

China will be the Boss Cocky of the Middle East in the near future in my view.