20,000 Afghan Refugees Coming To The Uk.

36 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wow , David (International Rescue ) Milliband pops up on Newsnight now . Hope he can explain what his company has done and why he is worth his top dollar salary.

I believe Thunderbird 1 may have been dispatched to retrieve Raab from the beach. Would this count?

Just now, Carbuncle said:

I believe Thunderbird 1 may have been dispatched to retrieve Raab from the beach. Would this count?

I’d be surprised if Raab could count.

He’s no idea where Dover is. He can’t spot an international crisis when it’s being described to him by a senior civil servant. 

This is what you get when you insist that all of your cabinet are Brexiters. They are either mad, stupid, or greasy pole climbers. 

Or just useless, in Raab’s case.

22 minutes ago, sibon said:

He’s no idea where Dover is. He can’t spot an international crisis when it’s being described to him by a senior civil servant. 

This is what you get when you insist that all of your cabinet are Brexiters. They are either mad, stupid, or greasy pole climbers. 

My bold. 

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

So my sympathy for the refugees must be inhuman, as you appear to disagree with anything that I post.

Your sympathy for the refugees is a human feeling which is exactly the way I feel. Doesn't alter the fact that this country is sinking under the weight of overpopulation and lack of infrastructure to cope with it.

10 hours ago, sibon said:

I suppose you realise that you have just called the majority of people in this country mad and stupid. I thought we were trying to rid the forum of that sort of language,

16 minutes ago, spilldig said:

I suppose you realise that you have just called the majority of people in this country mad and stupid. I thought we were trying to rid the forum of that sort of language,

In sibon's post the identity of 'they' in  'they are either mad, stupid, or greasy pole climbers' was ambiguous. You could have taken it to refer to the cabinet, which falls some way short of being a majority of people in this country.

8 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

In sibon's post the identity of 'they' in  'they are either mad, stupid, or greasy pole climbers' was ambiguous. You could have taken it to refer to the cabinet, which falls some way short of being a majority of people in this country.

I don’t think it was ambiguous at all. The cabinet were the subject of the preceding sentence. I think it’s obvious that the “they” in the next sentence also refers to the cabinet. 

It’s a real shame that we have such a second rate bunch of ministers in the cabinet. All for ideological reasons.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t think it was ambiguous at all. The cabinet were the subject of the preceding sentence. I think it’s obvious that the “they” in the next sentence also refers to the cabinet. 

You don't think it could legitimately be taken to mean 'the Brexiters'? Ok.

Sorry spilldig your interpretation has been ruled out of order.

Edited by Carbuncle

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

You don't think it could legitimately be taken to mean 'the Brexiters'? Ok.

Sorry spilldig your interpretation has been ruled out of order.

😀

I guess it could be misinterpreted in the way that Spildig said, but I thought it was clear when I wrote it.