I'm In The Money .

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

I had £24,377.25 in a Fidelity International ISA on 12/05/21, it was worth £26,235.46 on 11/08/21, you sometimes have to think further than the end of your nose.

Last year I had £8k in an ISA, I transfered the £8K into a SIPP and got £2k tax relief, with shares going up I now have over £12,5k in my SIPP.

I wonder when the next crash will be  :)

Edited by El Cid

18 hours ago, crookesey said:

I had £24,377.25 in a Fidelity International ISA on 12/05/21, it was worth £26,235.46 on 11/08/21, you sometimes have to think further than the end of your nose.

Neil Woodford anybody?

Shares can go down as well as up. Some people are averse to risk / gambling with their money. The banks should offer a safe, if more modest, reasonable alternative.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Neil Woodford anybody?

Shares can go down as well as up. Some people are averse to risk / gambling with their money. The banks should offer a safe, if more modest, reasonable alternative.

The banks would then have take more risks with other folks money in order to pay the risk averse more than they currently do. Woodford doesn’t compare with the major players with the mega funds, and someone has to invest in investment funds in order that they can prosper and create employment.

I have a long standing mate who is the most risk averse person that I have ever known. If I suffer loss from a poor investment he says “serves you right”, whereas if I have a good result it’s “lucky bugger”. 😆