The Britcoin

Has anyone heard anything about this? 

The Britcoin, (not to be confused with Bitcoin.)

It was mentioned in a small insignificant article in the newspaper as something the Tories are considering bringing in. I believe it's backed/ proposed by Sayad Javid or Rishi Sunak, but no details on what or how it will work. It seems like it could be quite a big deal but no information on it that I can find.

Anybody know anything?

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It was mentioned in a small insignificant article in the newspaper as something the Tories are considering bringing in. I believe it's backed/ proposed by Sayad Javid or Rishi Sunak, but no details on what or how it will work. It seems like it could be quite a big deal but no information on it that I can find.

Anybody know anything?

The term Britcoin refers to a Cryptocurrency that was launched and based in the UK.

Google Britcoin for more info Anna.

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Anybody know anything?

It's had a lot more publicity than a small insignificant article in a newspaper. Lots of countries are looking at introducing their own digital currencies. There's a good article about it in The Telegraph.

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

but dont lots of people get scammed by bitcoin?

It's often used as a way to send payment to scammers as it's hard to track, also people have had their Bitcoins stolen, but it's usually because they were stored at some 3rd party site with sloppy security.