Quality Of Customers On Major Selling Sites Like Autotrader , Gumtree And Ebay E

anyone else notice the poor customer quality in recent years with these sites, on the odd occasion i want to get rid of something for a few quid, or sell my car as i am doing now, all you get are absolute pond life that either make stupid telephone bids without even seeing the item, you know who i am talking about!!!! or ask daft crass questions on email.

then you have the other ones that ask is it still for sale ??? you answer yes it is when do you want to view the item?? ...........silence , tumble weed......nothing!

decided its not worth the hassle anymore especially ebay or gumtree.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

anyone else notice the poor customer quality in recent years with these sites, on the odd occasion i want to get rid of something for a few quid, or sell my car as i am doing now, all you get are absolute pond life that either make stupid telephone bids without even seeing the item, you know who i am talking about!!!! or ask daft crass questions on email.

then you have the other ones that ask is it still for sale ??? you answer yes it is when do you want to view the item?? ...........silence , tumble weed......nothing!

Aren't there any selling sites for executive types like yourself ab? 

Perhaps that could be a new venture for you....

5 hours ago, ab6262 said:

If you're dealing with an occasional idiot customer, then you're dealing with an occasional idiot customer.

If every customer you're dealing with is an idiot, then maybe you're the idiot.

There are people who just sit on Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree spamming out stupid offers to anything and everything, will always be half or less than half of the original price.

They won't bother viewing the item before making an offer, they don't even bother reading the description of what it is you're selling.

Just total bottom feeders.