Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

What a lovely Bingo Hall the City Hall will make when all the entertainers have been banned.

Two fat Ladies 88 

O' my God 

Two fat Ladies - yer can't say that, that's derogatory to the larger people in our society.

88 = HH =  Heil Hitler. absolutely 'Racist' can't have that.

I give up -

Forget the Bingo Hall idea 

lets turn it into a Carpet Warehouse.

Or even better we could house all the Politicians who are asked to stand down

for something that is usually beyond their control.

There's leaves on the line "perhaps the Transport Minister should resign" 

" there's water falling from the sky - the house I bought  on a flood plane is under water -

someone should resign"  total nonsense .

Keep safe avoid the snowflakes.

14 minutes ago, Ant68 said:

On the one hand they talk about ‘Sheffields inclusive values’ and things being ‘Inclusive’ - what about the rights and inclusivity of the people that DO enjoy his humour? Are they not part of Sheffields society??

Its like when one of the well known soap operas airs something that 20 million people watch - 5 people moan about it, and the next thing there’s an apology on prime time TV, its never aired again and the whole program is then put under scrutiny - pathetic.

As others have already said - dont like it, dont go.

I feel better now lol

I agree with you. On tv I don’t watch any fiction , soaps or films. But lots of people do like them. 

11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

What a lovely Bingo Hall the City Hall will make when all the entertainers have been banned.

Two fat Ladies 88 

O' my God 

Two fat Ladies - yer can't say that, that's derogatory to the larger people in our society.

88 = HH =  Heil Hitler. absolutely 'Racist' can't have that.

I give up -

Forget the Bingo Hall idea 

lets turn it into a Carpet Warehouse.

Or even better we could house all the Politicians who are asked to stand down

for something that is usually beyond their control.

There's leaves on the line "perhaps the Transport Minister should resign" 

" there's water falling from the sky - the house I bought  on a flood plane is under water -

someone should resign"  total nonsense .

Keep safe avoid the snowflakes.

Hmmm... :huh:

They can't do that...

... there wouldn't be enough backing! :(

39 minutes ago, Ant68 said:

On the one hand they talk about ‘Sheffields inclusive values’ and things being ‘Inclusive’ - what about the rights and inclusivity of the people that DO enjoy his humour? Are they not part of Sheffields society??

Its like when one of the well known soap operas airs something that 20 million people watch - 5 people moan about it, and the next thing there’s an apology on prime time TV, its never aired again and the whole program is then put under scrutiny - pathetic.

As others have already said - dont like it, dont go.

I feel better now lol

Having looked up quotes of his jokes he seems very racist. Why do we need to be inclusive of racists? Sounds like the venue has come to the conclusion they don’t want to be associated with someone like that.

20 minutes ago, steved32 said:

The only way in which he offends me is the fact that he is just not comedic.  On the same premise, ban Mrs Brown's Boys, Michael McIntyre and Toby Foster.

Oh no, please don’t put ideas into the snowflakes heads.  Not everyone’s cup of tea I know, but I love Mrs Brown’s Boys.  They only do a Christmas special now so it’s not as though it’s on TV every week.

18 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Having looked up quotes of his jokes he seems very racist. Why do we need to be inclusive of racists? Sounds like the venue has come to the conclusion they don’t want to be associated with someone like that.

I thought  it was against the law to do racist jokes.

Edited by hauxwell

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

You talk like they have no choice in who they can book or cancel the booking of.  None of the acts there have a right to perform there, it's a business transaction and both parties in that transaction will have agreed a contract that includes caveats, clauses and compensation for things like cancellation of that transaction by one of the parties within that contract. SCT decided that the money they could potential make from his booking didn't outweigh the potential reputational damage of hosting an openly racist comedian so they invoked the cancellation clause of the contract.

He's not banned at all. He can perform his act wherever he can find someone willing to host him. The fact that he's still working today is evidence that there are plenty of places that are less choosy about the kinds of people they want to associate their businesses with. What he doesn't have (and this is something that those who throw around nonsense phrases like 'Cancel Culture' like to ignore) is an automatic right to perform his act wherever he wants regardless of whether those venues want him or not. He can perform in whatever places will take him and if that doesn't include the top venues in the city then boo bloody hoo, there's always Wetherspoons.

But they’d already booked him and have done in the past. 

If they said this year they weren’t booking him cos they don’t like his act I would probably agree with you.

oh dear lord the offended getting offended again over someone who a lot of people pay good money to see to sold out venues, so it seems he has support?? its not something i would pay to see. basically once you have seen him and i did many years ago the joke premise is the same just rejigged usually.

let him and the supporters get on with it, wheres the harm nobody is forced to go.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Why not just let him carry on entertaining the people who like his act ? 

Because we live in a country where the tail wags the dog, with a vociferous woke minority setting the agenda. It's frightening to see so many people, especially young ones, wanting this country to become the kind of society described by George Orwell in '1984' where everybody has to conform by thinking thoughts and expressing opinions considered to be acceptable whilst anyone expressing 'subversive' opinions is harshly punished. That book was supposed to be a warning but it's become a template for modern Britain. This cancellation is typical of how so many of our institutions and organisations are tamely capitulating to the demands of a woke minority.

I saw him at the City Hall about 3 years ago and didn't think he was very funny but I don't think he was openly racist either, although he was very critical of Islam and the ease with which so many illegal immigrants get into this country by claiming to be asylum seekers. I found it refreshing to hear somebody daring to be critical of Islam as most comedians seem to have succumbed to the climate of fear that Islam creates to silence any opposition, as the beheading of the French teacher who was accused by a 13 year old school girl who wasn't even in school at the time, of showing cartoons of Muhammad demonstrates. Our comedians just go for easy targets like Johnson and Trump. Roy Chubby Brown probably represents the feelings of the silent majority who daren't speak out, as the slightest murmur of concern about levels of immigration over the last few decades are met with hostility and accusations of racism, xenophobia, fascism etc. He's a kind of modern day King Canute, facing the waves of political correctness which  are now seeming to engulf him.