Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

5 hours ago, sibon said:

Sheffield City Hall is just fine. Miles ahead of anything that Leeds has to offer. TRCH Nottingham is nice, but no better than The City Hall. It tends to have the same gigs too. & yet they don't have any problems with Chubby Brown doing his stuff there? Do you see yourself as some sort of Mary Whitehouse?

Edited by Markstevo

I can’t quote @Markstevo because he’s completely mangled my post. 

However, no, Mark, I don’t think I’m some kind of Mary Whitehouse. I’m the one arguing for freedom of choice here. The City Hall and the trust have every right to choose who appears there. You don’t have the right to coerce them into a different choice. 

He’s not playing Nottingham, by the way.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

However, no, Mark, I don’t think I’m some kind of Mary Whitehouse. I’m the one arguing for freedom of choice here. The City Hall and the trust have every right to choose who appears there. You don’t have the right to coerce them into a different choice. 

I cant see how you are arguing FOR freedom of choice by saying it is ok for public venues to REMOVE the freedom of choice. Anyway I've cancelled by city hall mailing list and won't be going there again.

7 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I cant see how you are arguing FOR freedom of choice by saying it is ok for public venues to REMOVE the freedom of choice

That’s the trouble with a lot of people who argue for freedom of choice. They think that it only applies to them.

7 hours ago, Martin C said:

Spot on. Yet the wokes only take umbrage when "comedians" (I use the term loosely, he's "not my thing") take even the slightest dig/pop at their "sacred cows". 

I'm glad I  won't be around in 20 years or so.  Every single word anyone utters will undoubtedly "offend" someone then.  Grow up. 

George Orwell predicated this scenario , The council is trying its best to act out Big Brother .

PS . I hate Chubby Brown type so called comedians but would defend their right  to perform and  also those who want to watch them to do so .

Edited by cuttsie

3 hours ago, sibon said:

That’s the trouble with a lot of people who argue for freedom of choice. They think that it only applies to them.

LOL, You said it

But its not freedom of choice, political pressure was put on them by Ayatollah Fox not to allow Chubby Brown to show at the Sheffield public venue

I think I would go to see him to see how he take the micky out of Sheffield snow flakes

Edited by Findlay

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

George Orwell predicated this scenario , The council is trying its best to act out Big Brother .

PS . I hate Chubby Brown type so called comedians but would defend their right  to perform and  also those who want to watch them to do so .

Nobody is stopping him perform. Nobody is stopping you from seeing him. He’s not banned from Sheffield.

Calm down.

Guest busdriver1
26 minutes ago, sibon said:

Nobody is stopping him perform. Nobody is stopping you from seeing him. He’s not banned from Sheffield.

Calm down.

Given his previous issues round performing in Sheffield I doubt he will be back. I am proud to say I have been a fan of his for some 45+ years but would not have gone to see him in Sheffield as I value my personal safety. I did see him not long ago in St Albans and he brought the house down.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Calm down.

Watch my lips I said I would not see him but protect peoples right to , He is banned from the City Hall the main venue in Sheffield .