Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

7 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

My point?

Should people be able to go to see Chubby Brown, Yes.

Should people be able to see Franklin Graham - Yes.

Should people be able to see Fatiha El-Ghorri - yes.

Should people be able to watch Johnathan Ross - yes.

Steady on there; I believe we should have a minimum level of public decency.

17 hours ago, The Joker said:

Steady on there; I believe we should have a minimum level of public decency.

'Be able to'.

Being the operative words Joker 

Not, having the decision taken away from  you before hand :suspect:.

Other than that your quite right :bigsmile:.

Watching Johnathan, 'Look how funny i thing I am by saying pen*s', Ross, on the other hand, should be the exception 🙃

On 06/11/2021 at 20:18, Baron99 said:

So Sheffield City Trust (SCT) runs both the City Hall & the Arena & Chubby Brown's act isn't compatible with either SCT`'s or SCC's view, yet after a legal challenge, Franklin Graham, who has strong, anti-homesexual views, will be allowed to preach at the Arena next year. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-59177946

Begs the question...why did they accept his booking in the first place? His work is hardly a state secret.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Begs the question...why did they accept his booking in the first place? His work is hardly a state secret.

He's played there for over three decades, perhaps they'd like to hand the profits they've made in that time to charity.

Ironically they had male strippers the Dreamboys on not long after they banned this act, ludicrous double standards.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

That's the only question really. I've no problem with a decision not to book him in the future, I've no problem with him being cancelled for something particularly nasty he's come out with in the press/social media/whatever but he's not done that. 

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

For the same reason they took Chubby Brown's booking. Money and no reason not to. The only reason they cancelled CB is due to a complaint. The excuse of 'not matching the standards of our inclusive venues` or whatever it was is just a PR self face exercise. If a list of standards even exists, it'll have a creation date after the chubby Brown complaint.

If SCT don't want to host performers that aren't inclusive, then don't book them in the first place.