Local Football Clubs And Their Expenditure ?

monzaman

I am a bit puzzled by some posts on here that seem to suggest if a club decides to keep an eye on the purse strings and pay their bills first before investing then this can mean only one thing they are skint, how is that conclusion reached????? I for one prefer my team to be solvent rather than spend money we haven't got or flout the football lge laws, make fake companies up to be sponsors Etc. Etc. No team in south Yorkshire is ever going to be a Man city so please stop with the bovine excrement suggesting local teams can now go out and buy the likes of Harry Kane, Ronaldo Etc. I have enjoyed the last five seasons with the blades but I now know we need to start from Zero again and rebuild a team which will take TIME more than huge amounts of money and that's never going to change FACT (I always wanted to end a post saying fact LOL).

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Yes we should take a look at Barnsley , thats the way to do it .

You are probably right Cuttsie, the trouble is it is hard to sustain that model because you have to keep producing players on the cheap who come up to the mark. Wilder did it for a few years but then found it hard to replace players who would hit the ground running so to speak. It is what it is both teams in Sheffield will flirt with success but then find it hard to keep that standard up.

sufc are okay they have have huge parachute payments,its hard to be legal and compete with them,without breaking the rules,brentford worked hard buying /selling,but it took years and good manager buying skills,wolves did it with top loan players and that worked ,as they only would be signed if the won the league,but which ever way you gain promotion from the championship,it is not easy.

18 hours ago, monzaman said:

I am a bit puzzled by some posts on here that seem to suggest if a club decides to keep an eye on the purse strings and pay their bills first before investing then this can mean only one thing they are skint, how is that conclusion reached????? I for one prefer my team to be solvent rather than spend money we haven't got or flout the football lge laws, make fake companies up to be sponsors Etc. Etc. No team in south Yorkshire is ever going to be a Man city so please stop with the bovine excrement suggesting local teams can now go out and buy the likes of Harry Kane, Ronaldo Etc. I have enjoyed the last five seasons with the blades but I now know we need to start from Zero again and rebuild a team which will take TIME more than huge amounts of money and that's never going to change FACT (I always wanted to end a post saying fact LOL).

And now breathe……..

18 hours ago, monzaman said:

Ironic all this is coming from a supporter of a club that spent over £52 million on 3 players alone & look where that’s got you …skint & 1 place off the bottom of the Championship…with a manager ready to walk …

9 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Ironic all this is coming from a supporter of a club that spent over £52 million on 3 players alone & look where that’s got you …skint & 1 place off the bottom of the Championship…with a manager ready to walk …

why is it ironic explain please and also once again can i have some concrete evidence we are skint !!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, prince al said:

And now breathe……..

What ??????????

3 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

You failed, try again.

No I didn't I just posted it !!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

sufc are okay they have have huge parachute payments,its hard to be legal and compete with them,without breaking the rules,brentford worked hard buying /selling,but it took years and good manager buying skills,wolves did it with top loan players and that worked ,as they only would be signed if the won the league,but which ever way you gain promotion from the championship,it is not easy.

nice to see some on here can give a serious answer bassett!!!!

4 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Nowt wrong with second place mate, I expect you're used to it.

WHAT????????? so i stated on here that it will always be the case that the blades have to rebuild a team over time rather than throw massive amounts of money at it which is FACT or do you know different ?????????