Does anyone remember..

Nelly

A guy who used to hang around Sheffield city centre around 1988 to 95.

He used to dress as characters and do mental things, often with a side kick. He gave the impression he was a madman but he was more like a street performer. Like Dom Jolly 10 years ahead of his time.

I remember him once stood on Fargate in a radiation suit speaking into a phone receiver attached to a wooden box shouting "People are going to die in there". Another time he and an old man were dressed in pyjamas and dressing gowns wandering into shops where the old man would do a dance routine and gurn.

He also had a spell employed by Dixons at the top of Fargate, he'd stand outside advertising their offers over a sound system while a dwarf danced to music alongside him.. This drew big crowds on Saturday afternoons.

Does anyone else remember him? Where is he now?

He was a nightmare at times though, He would do anything he could to wind up the security on top shop door :hihi:

My sister worked there and he was always going in saying he had planted a bomb in the leather jackets pockets, and all it would be was a match box.

I used to sit and wait for my sister on fargate, when id finished work so we could catch the bus home together and quite often he would come and sit next to me and make me laugh, and im sure the little guy once told me he was in willow the film.

Funny i was only about 17 then have have been attracting nutters to come and sit next to me ever since :hihi:

He was a nightmare at times though, He would do anything he could to wind up the security on top shop door :hihi:

My sister worked there and he was always going in saying he had planted a bomb in the leather jackets pockets, and all it would be was a match box.

I used to sit and wait for my sister on fargate, when id finished work so we could catch the bus home together and quite often he would come and sit next to me and make me laugh, and im sure the little guy once told me he was in willow the film.

Funny i was only about 17 then have have been attracting nutters to come and sit next to me ever since :hihi:

jools was in willow

theres a market scene and you see a hand passing over an apple, that was his hand, he was also in at least one crowd scene

got a couple of grand for it, met george lucas

best person i ever met jools

r.i.p jools

jools was in willow

theres a market scene and you see a hand passing over an apple, that was his hand, he was also in at least one crowd scene

got a couple of grand for it, met george lucas

best person i ever met jools

r.i.p jools

Thats it im gonna have to get hold of it this weekend and watch it again.

Yes he was a nice bloke... it was the other that was all ways tormenting :hihi:

Made me laugh quite often any way :thumbsup:

Archived