Triple Lock Pension Rise Stopped This Year.

10 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Done that, where's the link? Looks to be in relation to a couple living in the Peak District.

A link to some data supporting your assertion is all thats required.

Sounds as if you’re calling me a liar, I’m the one who has known them for more years than I care to remember. how do you wish me to prove this?

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Sounds as if you’re calling me a liar, I’m the one who has known them for more years than I care to remember. how do you wish me to prove this?

Not calling anyone a liar. You asserted that this country is a haven for the workshy and for that reason, people risk their lives to get here. I asked you why you would assume that, you must have some evidence? It must be more than you extrapolating from one couple you know to your all encompassing accusation, surely?

Edited by Bargepole23

33 minutes ago, crookesey said:

OK you win, many illegal immigrants are not interested in benefits and are keen and eager to put their backs into working their way into legality. I’m not being sarcastic and would really love to share your optimism, but sadly I’m a realist.

I understand foreighners qualify for fewer benefits in the first few years, compared to Brits born here.

But I guess someone living in proverty abroad will be used to poverty and will not expect as much.

On 25/09/2021 at 12:00, Anna B said:

My pension is the old rate of £130 per week. I missed the new rate by 3 months even though I had to work till 63. I don't get any top ups because my small private pension takes me just over the limit, but it's still not much to live on. I thought I'd be ok because I paid into a private pension, not so. I wish I'd never bothered.  Remember Cameron saying pension changes would not leave anyone worse off? He lied.

Pension not keeping up with inflation is the last straw. Thanks Tories.

I sympathise with you Anna but spare a thought for men who had to work 2 years longer.