Emma Raducanu. How To Watch The Final?

Foot and Mouth

17 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Isn't she a pain in the glute.

At 19 she's definitely seems to getting a lot of injuries and usually pulling out of games- more I see of her the more I think her US win was one off.

I'll take this moment to bid farewell to the great Roger Federer, a true professional and sportsman 👏 

We won't see many like him for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/09/2022 at 18:14, HeHasRisen said:

History will prove it to be a fluke result.

There's a difference between something being a fluke, and something being a one-off. It can be a grey line, I'll grant you - depending on the circumstances - but a fluke suggests she didn't really deserve it, and only managed it purely by chance; that's simply not true. It was an impressive run, she blew away several experienced, quality players, and she reached a very high level of tennis that she simply hasn't been able to consistently reproduce since.

The only thing I'd concede is that Fernandes beat more higher ranked players on her way to the final, but that's often how tournaments work, and the final wasn't even close in real terms - Raducanu blew Fernandes away as much as she had any other player.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...