So What's Changed In The City Centre In The Past Year?

nuttygirl

Jesus!

Is no one proud of their city?!

I'm originally from Liverpool and I constantly 'big up' Sheffield to friends from home.

If I was nuttygirl, after reading this I wouldn't want to come back! It's not that bad, far from it! :)

Its a Sheffield thing AndyMc. Obviously not everyone in the city has the disease but many prefer to talk about negatives rather than highlight the positives. Their glass is often half empty!

There are (or at least were until recently) some great nights in Sheffield. The problem is that they aren't on often enough, and are usually overlooked in favour of cheap student nights.

Sheffield usually dies big time over the summer, so I wouldn't expect anything major until september except a few free parties (hopefully).

Jesus!

Is no one proud of their city?!

I'm originally from Liverpool and I constantly 'big up' Sheffield to friends from home.

If I was nuttygirl, after reading this I wouldn't want to come back! It's not that bad, far from it! :)

well i suppose there are less lacoste trackies and trainees

and lower crime figures. like.

so calm down, calm down.

We now have a Primark in the City Centre, we have a posh hotel called McDonalds near the Peace Gardens, theres a H & M opening in October, Dixons has closed down, there a new restaurant cafe next to the HSBC thats really nice and next to that is ANOTHER Greggs too!!! I thats all i can think of at the mo!!

xxx

well i suppose there are less lacoste trackies and trainees

and lower crime figures. like.

so calm down, calm down.

Aye, your reet love, less lacoste, but a fair bit mooer Nike Air Max an' dodja baseball caps! :D

P.S. 2008's European Capital of Culture has consistently proven to be one of the safest urban areas in the UK. A great night out too if anyone is ever thinking of going! :)

Aye, your reet love, less lacoste, but a fair bit mooer Nike Air Max an' dodja baseball caps! :D

P.S. 2008's European Capital of Culture has consistently proven to be one of the safest urban areas in the UK. A great night out too if anyone is ever thinking of going! :)

u dont need to sell liverpool to me, i live in it. like :thumbsup:

My family and some friends spent an afternoon in town on Sunday in the glorious sunshine and it was great!

We sat outside Ha! Ha! and had a few Amstels and the atmosphere was quite continental with the kids running in and out of the fountains and around the silver balls (which irked one security guy).

We then went for lunch in Cafe Rouge which was good also. Certainly, I doubt very much I'd have considered coming into town 15 years since on a summer's afternoon; I'd be heading out to Derbyshire.

But it is improving at quite some pace and I enjoyed being there yesterday. Sadly, we 'had another bottle' in Cafe Rouge so missed the continental market which is one reason why I went there in the first place!!

Archived