Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

11 hours ago, sibon said:

That is a real problem. Rats love tomatoes.

Its a real problem in other ways too. Are the council any help?

My home is a private rent but in all fairness to the council they did a bang up job on the rats at the front of the house where the drive meets the public highway. My next door neighbour had a shocking amount of rats so we clubbed together and got some bait box's which really helped a lot. Now I just keep an eye out, refill the boxes as needed but still have need to dispatch the odd few with my air rifle. Its not pleasant but I bought a good scope and thus far its always been 1 shot 1 kill. I always make sure I use a heavy hollow point pellet to minimise any chance the rat will suffer. 

I do prey for the day both poison and pellets can be retired to the bin though if I'm honest. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My home is a private rent but in all fairness to the council they did a bang up job on the rats at the front of the house where the drive meets the public highway. My next door neighbour had a shocking amount of rats so we clubbed together and got some bait box's which really helped a lot. Now I just keep an eye out, refill the boxes as needed but still have need to dispatch the odd few with my air rifle. Its not pleasant but I bought a good scope and thus far its always been 1 shot 1 kill. I always make sure I use a heavy hollow point pellet to minimise any chance the rat will suffer. 

I do prey for the day both poison and pellets can be retired to the bin though if I'm honest. 

Think you’ve posted that in wrong thread 

9 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I couldn’t agree more with you. The armed forces are UNSUNG HEROES.

They also helped with the covid vaccine rollout and you often see them building flood defences when rivers are expected to overflow to reduce flood risk to people’s homes.

If they are called in to help with HGV shortages they will do a brilliant job and ease  some fears of panic buying.

Yes they do a Brilliant job, no moaning or owt, they just get stuck into the task in hand. :thumbsup:

Neighbour has filled up 8 Jerry cans and luckily for her,  she used the last of the fuel at the local petrol station so no fuel left for the 50 cars behind her queing up. 

She said sorry to the bloke behind her in the queue, and he responded by telling her to F off and called her a derogatory  name 

This is disgusting, why do men think it is right to swear at women and call them names? 

Society is getting worse, no respect, no manners, bad language 

And as she said, he probably had a little man sausage 

16 hours ago, ab6262 said:

well he would say that, i wonder why supposedly thousands of drivers came here in the first place!

I knew someone would say "well he would say that", even though there's no reason why he would make that up. He's the head of a haulage operator's association, not Michel Barnier. Of course he knows what the relative wages and conditions are like across Europe.

44 minutes ago, rogets said:

Neighbour has filled up 8 Jerry cans and luckily for her,  she used the last of the fuel at the local petrol station so no fuel left for the 50 cars behind her queing up. 

She said sorry to the bloke behind her in the queue, and he responded by telling her to F off and called her a derogatory  name 

This is disgusting, why do men think it is right to swear at women and call them names? 

Society is getting worse, no respect, no manners, bad language 

And as she said, he probably had a little man sausage 

Wait till the silly f***ge  gets home and realises the washing machine doesn't run on petrol.

Edited by Rockers rule
-