Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

17 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

(…)

If you want to solve the problem through individual action then you need people to choose to act against their own best interests by letting their tanks run lower than usual and to do less driving then they had intended until the issue is resolved. (…)

I started taking the bus at Easter 2021, every weekday or nearly so.

To say I’d not taken any form of public transport in donkeys’ years, it’s been a revelation. Free, clean, on time, just about anytime with sitting room. Means someone else gets the aggro and blood pressure up with the tailbacks and bad driving, whilst I can just put my feet up and work or browse til I get there. That must have saved me around 7k to 9k Kms on the old odometer, never mind in the pocket with high-20/Lo-30 mpg.

Not stopped since, nor am I planning to ✌🏻

I knew bugger-all about it. I was nearly late getting a granddaughter from school as Freshville main road was chaos. I'm driving towards her school, a few miles or so away, and it was jammed solid with people wanting to turn right into the petrol station. 'Course, coming the other way, cars were six or seven deep also waiting to get onto the forecourt and not letting anyone in for fear of missing out. Tossers, every woman and man involved. I blame The Sun for today's panic headline that we're facing rationing of fuel. 

2 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I knew bugger-all about it. I was nearly late getting a granddaughter from school as Freshville main road was chaos. I'm driving towards her school, a few miles or so away, and it was jammed solid with people wanting to turn right into the petrol station. 'Course, coming the other way, cars were six or seven deep also waiting to get onto the forecourt and not letting anyone in for fear of missing out. Tossers, every woman and man involved. I blame The Sun for today's panic headline that we're facing rationing of fuel. 

Sorry to hear of your experience, but who in their right mind reads The Sun?

madness at archer road,having to mount pavement to go forward,stopping traffic coming out of sainsburys ect,

madness at archer road,having to mount pavement to go forward,stopping traffic coming out of sainsburys ect,

Just now, RollingJ said:

Sorry to hear of your experience, but who in their right mind reads The Sun?

I called in to get her an ice-cream at the Spar on Gleadless and I saw the headline on the news-rack. I was clueless as to what the issue was until I spotted that.

Who reads The Sun? People not bright enough to make up their own minds. Or who like big t*ts.

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

You can say that again.

Just now, wearysmith said:

I called in to get her an ice-cream at the Spar on Gleadless and I saw the headline on the news-rack. I was clueless as to what the issue was until I spotted that.

Who reads The Sun? People not bright enough to make up their own minds. Or who like big t*ts.

Sorry, wasn't accusing you of being a Sun reader - most sane people avoid it like the plague.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Sorry, wasn't accusing you of being a Sun reader - most sane people avoid it like the plague.

Yeah. I rarely read the papers but if in an act of boredom I buy one, I'd probably go for The Express or The Mail. My life doesn't need 'LESBIAN SHEEP RAPED MY VICAR' headlines.

Edited by wearysmith