Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum, Are You?

Tony

48 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Good grief I am not going to explain again how a democracy works.

I think the way it works is that the party with the largest proportion of the votes, and therefore the most elected members of Parliament, wins.   In this case, that largest proportion of the vote was 14 million.

Edited by Caswall

56 minutes ago, sibon said:

I would have thought that you’d be able to do basic maths.

At the last general election, the largest proportion of the vote was for parties other than the Conservatives.

If we were debating how a democracy works, you could do that.

At the moment, we are discussing Key Stage 3 maths.

If you wish to imply that education is required, permit me to assist you with a definition:   'Proportion -  a part, share, or number considered in comparative relation to a whole'.

I will explain that for you, in the context of the election results being discussed:

Each party won a proportion of the vote.  The party with the largest of those proportions was the Conservative Party, and the fact that adding up all the other separate proportions produces a larger figure is, at best, irrelevant.

Are we learning?

Edited by Caswall

47 minutes ago, Mister M said:

How has he used his education?

Reading and writing I expect, and simply not having the excruciating dialect and limited vocabulary of the uneducated Rayner would be another good example. 

Rayner, for all her passion and misguided determination, exemplifies the need  for an educated class (academically and culturally) to run the nation.

21 minutes ago, Caswall said:

If you wish to imply that education is required, permit me to assist you with a definition:   'Proportion -  a part, share, or number considered in comparative relation to a whole'.

I will explain that for you, in the context of the election results being discussed:

Each party won a proportion of the vote.  The party with the largest of those proportions was the Conservative Party, and the fact that adding up all the other separate proportions produces a larger figure is, at best, irrelevant.

Are we learning?

But you said that “the largest proportion of U.K. voters are Conservatives”.

That isn’t true. The largest proportion of U.K. voters are not Conservatives.

Can you see your conceptual error yet?

Angela Rayner was quite correct to call the Tories scum.

However, where she made a mistake was in attempting to explain her comments.

She should not have apologised, and she should not have explained.

In fact, she should have doubled down on her original comment and called them Evil Tory scum.

19 minutes ago, sibon said:

But you said that “the largest proportion of U.K. voters are Conservatives”.

That isn’t true. The largest proportion of U.K. voters are not Conservatives.

Can you see your conceptual error yet?

The majority may not be Conservatives, but of the various proportions that voted for a party - the Conservative proportion was the largest.  You are confusing 'largest proportion' with 'majority', and perpetuating a pointless argument here.

Just now, Caswall said:

The majority may not be Conservatives, but of the various proportions that voted for a party - the Conservative proportion was the largest.  You are confusing 'largest proportion' with 'majority', and perpetuating a pointless argument here.

Here’s my two penn’orth.

altus: “They might have got more votes than anyone else but most people who voted in the last election voted for a party other than the Conservatives.”

(Which party was that?)
Verdict: Not true 

Sibon: “At the last general election, the largest proportion of the vote was for parties other than the Conservatives.”

Verdict: True

8 minutes ago, Caswall said:

I’m not.

You might be.