Urgent: Fracking

Tony

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'm not interested in this topic - only opened it as it was prefixed "Urgent".  I don't think peole should use "urgent" unless really neccessary.  I  hope in future posters consider the title they give posts a little more.

Tony has been having keyboard issues this evening. In addition to the Angela Rayner nonsense, his keyboard has also mistyped “banned” as “urgent”.

#prayfortonyskeyboard 

Edited by sibon

As strange it might seem at first, fracking is also the solution to prevent the imminent war with Russia when they march (or try to) into Ukraine. My estimate is within 36 months.

Fracking also allows Germany and the EU to not break the law by approving Nord Stream 2. 

Basically, fracking is urgent and needs to happen now.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you drew a Venn diagram of "militant cyclists" and "fracking supporters", the overlap would be very tiny indeed.  A strange thread.

I think there's a hint of nationalism  in this thread, not content with brexit he now wants us to destroy our own environment Too

Oh dear @melthebell I'm no nationalist. Quite the opposite. However, I value the people and places around me and would prefer that they fulfil their potential.

That includes you. Rather than enabling you to spend years bumming about on the dole in sunny Whitby, if employers weren't enabled in a race to the bottom, you'd be encouraged to get a HGV license and you'd be okay doing it because the pay is good and wouldn't have to use a pop bottle and carrier bag as a toilet in a layby. Don't you fancy earning £50k by driving a truck? Shouldn't government be there to help people like you get into well paid and enjoyable work?

Back on topic. 

Domestic fracking is needed to tide us by until renewables, low consumption and energy storage reach viable status. Importing Russian gas is not a good solution. It's very, very dangerous indeed.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

As strange it might seem at first, fracking is also the solution to prevent the imminent war with Russia when they march (or try to) into Ukraine. My estimate is within 36 months.

(…)

The Russo-Ukrainian conflict started 7 years ago.

Justsayin’

quick, there's  a problem resulting from our over-reliance on fossil fuels!  (and our new exposure to the volatile prices on the international market)

oh-no! - what do you suggest we do !?

MORE reliance on fossil fuels!

Edited by ads36