Urgent: Fracking

Tony

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Oh dear @melthebell I'm no nationalist. Quite the opposite. However, I value the people and places around me and would prefer that they fulfil their potential.

That includes you. Rather than enabling you to spend years bumming about on the dole in sunny Whitby, 

The condition is worse than I thought. It now includes rudeness and judgmental posturing.

#prayfortonyskeyboard

Back on topic, fracking isn’t the answer. Insulate Britain have some better ideas.

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

Back on topic, fracking isn’t the answer. Insulate Britain have some better ideas.

You aren't prepared to do what is necessary to implement IB's ideas, or XR's, or the Green Party's. Just about nobody is but they (and you) do enjoy the state of delusion, just so long as it's not actually us that have to put ourselves out much. Everybody, including me, has got an excuse and the NeoMalthusians are the worst of them. 

If you're not prepared to discuss reality you don't have much of a stake in the conversation.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Oh dear @melthebell I'm no nationalist. Quite the opposite. However, I value the people and places around me and would prefer that they fulfil their potential.

That includes you. Rather than enabling you to spend years bumming about on the dole in sunny Whitby, if employers weren't enabled in a race to the bottom, you'd be encouraged to get a HGV license and you'd be okay doing it because the pay is good and wouldn't have to use a pop bottle and carrier bag as a toilet in a layby. Don't you fancy earning £50k by driving a truck? Shouldn't government be there to help people like you get into well paid and enjoyable work?

Back on topic. 

Domestic fracking is needed to tide us by until renewables, low consumption and energy storage reach viable status. Importing Russian gas is not a good solution. It's very, very dangerous indeed.

I earn 10 pound an hour doing my current job thankyou.

Think I wouldn't get an hgv job TBH since I can't drive

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Tony said:

You aren't prepared to do what is necessary to implement IB's ideas, or XR's, or the Green Party's. Just about nobody is but they (and you) do enjoy the state of delusion, just so long as it's not actually us that have to put ourselves out much. Everybody, including me, has got an excuse and the NeoMalthusians are the worst of them. 

If you're not prepared to discuss reality you don't have much of a stake in the conversation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-ends-support-for-fracking

As someone who has lived and worked near a frack site in the past, and lives 1/4 mile from a potential new site, the biggest issue was protesters jumping on the bandwagon post-Gasland.

But they've got to get those tremors resolved first if they want to win back the public - even though the largest one at the Blackpool site was a 1.55 and  there have been plenty of natural earthquakes stronger than that in the past two months.

13 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

As someone who has lived and worked near a frack site in the past, and lives 1/4 mile from a potential new site, the biggest issue was protesters jumping on the bandwagon post-Gasland.

But they've got to get those tremors resolved first if they want to win back the public - even though the largest one at the Blackpool site was a 1.55 and  there have been plenty of natural earthquakes stronger than that in the past two months.

The point is, natural is natural, like brexit you don't create additional problems for the sake of it, they all add up

Say that when you're sitting in the dark with no turkey, Morecombe or Wise this Christmas. 

Who remembers these from a time when "earthquakes" didn't cause hysteria because we called it mining subsidence.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMJtxgUngrozg2vhrEtHA

A couple of years of fracking to keep the UK's lights on is neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

A couple of years of fracking to keep the UK's lights on is neither here nor there.

That long? I assumed the government would issue a few visas to some foreign frackers and we could have everything ticketty boo by Christmas what with gas prices being a short-term issue and all.

You really do need to get that keyboard fixed, Tony. It's coming up with all kinds of weird ideas.

#prayfortonyskeyboard

@Carbuncle you stupid boy

/captainmannwearing

Being serious for a moment it's very much a long term issue to be in hock to Russian despots. There's a lot more than a miniscule disruption to the CO2 reduction plan at stake.

Of course, you know this but you prefer to have an internet pishing contest than an honest discussion.

Edited by Tony