Doing The Right Thing Vs Guilt.

Evening all. 

I had cause to make a report that could very well mean the end of someone's job. 

I feel I did the right thing based on the circumstances but now I'm racked with guilt. 

I started to wonder if this person had a family, another source of income, a mortgage, lots of bills etc etc. 

I'm hoping someone just tells me to man up and stop being a wetwipe but has anyone ever felt like this? 

Not just guilt, of course we have all felt that but I'm very conflicted right now. I know I did the "right thing" but boy what repercussions this could have for someone. 

I just don't think you're a very bright person.

No offence meant.  I mean, most of our politicians aren't that smart, and it never held them back.  Then again, they do lack a conscience,  I suppose that's the difference you and them.

P.S. - it's not me you're grassing up, is it?

Edited by The Joker

12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I just don't think you're a very bright person.

No offence meant.  

🤣

Say what you mean fella. I hate them fence sitting types 👍

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

P.S. - it's not me you're grassing up, is it?

Why, what you been up to :suspect:

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Evening all. 

I had cause to make a report that could very well mean the end of someone's job. 

I feel I did the right thing based on the circumstances but now I'm racked with guilt. 

I started to wonder if this person had a family, another source of income, a mortgage, lots of bills etc etc. 

I'm hoping someone just tells me to man up and stop being a wetwipe but has anyone ever felt like this? 

Not just guilt, of course we have all felt that but I'm very conflicted right now. I know I did the "right thing" but boy what repercussions this could have for someone. 

Some things to bear in mind: you're on a public forum, you are not (really) anonymous.

Have you thought through what you going to say to @HeHasRisen when he asks for details of the whistleblowing? It might be better to seek advice in a less public place.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

🤣

Say what you mean fella. I hate them fence sitting types 👍

I'll ask you this for nowt:

When you grassed the person up, was it part of a personal vendetta / revenge matter, or for a serious health & safety issue?

Are we talking abuse of a child / vulnerable person, or did somebody just park across your drive while they popped to the shops?

9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Some things to bear in mind: you're on a public forum, you are not (really) anonymous.

Have you thought through what you going to say to @HeHasRisen when he asks for details of the whistleblowing? It might be better to seek advice in a less public place.

I've taken privacy into account when typing out my post and I'm confident any parties involved will not be identifiable but I'll certainly take what you said into account too. 

My only reason is that I'm genuinely feeling really guilty about my actions. 

I'm not looking to "out" anyone so if anyone asks any questions re that then I just won't respond. 

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I'll ask you this for nowt:

When you grassed the person up, was it part of a personal vendetta / revenge matter, or for a serious health & safety issue?

Are we talking abuse of a child / vulnerable person, or did somebody just park across your drive while they popped to the shops?

When I grassed? 

Grassed? 

Oh my god 🤣😂

Trust me, it was a serious incident and not part of any vendetta personal or otherwise 👍

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My only reason is that I'm genuinely feeling really guilty about my actions.

So you've gotta ask yourself how guilty would you feel if you hadn't reported the person.

What if they got away with it this time, only to go and do it again?

How would you feel then?

Better, or worse?

Edited by The Joker

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sorry, why has my name been dragged into this?

This is Sheffield Forum dude. 

It's like Facebook only with more cloth caps and whippets 👍

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

listen if the person was sacked ,they were doing somthing the should not be doing,if it was not serious the boss will give him a chance,if its serious he loses his job,so you did right.hope he learns a lesson

Yeah it's safe to say this person is likely to get the boot. The rational me thinks that's a good thing but the more emotional side of me regrets reporting them. For sure the situation ended with no injuries and no real harm done but that was down to luck and nothing else.