Doing The Right Thing Vs Guilt.

There was a council worker parked his car on our road some time ago every other day he would arrive in the Amey van and take a couple of plastic petrol cans out of the truck and put them in the boot of his Astra it went on for months I debated dobbing him in quite a bit but never did.

Edited by *Wallace*

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've taken privacy into account when typing out my post and I'm confident any parties involved will not be identifiable but I'll certainly take what you said into account too. 

My only reason is that I'm genuinely feeling really guilty about my actions. 

I'm not looking to "out" anyone so if anyone asks any questions re that then I just won't respond. 

When I grassed? 

Grassed? 

Oh my god 🤣😂

Trust me, it was a serious incident and not part of any vendetta personal or otherwise 👍

Did someone insist upon a mask being worn which you or a family member weren't prepared to do?

4 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

There was a council worker parked his car on our road some time ago every other day he would arrive in the Amey van and take a couple of plastic petrol cans out of the truck and put them in the boot of his Astra it went on for months I debated dobbing him in quite a bit but never did.

Having no idea about the reasons you did the right thing not to act as police, judge and jury. 👍

@The_DADDY appears to have a human side and not knowing the transgression it's hard to judge him. I'd not want to have a sacking on my conscience without a very good reason. 

Curtain twitching grade snitching is what happens in dictatorships. 

8 hours ago, Delayed said:

Did someone insist upon a mask being worn which you or a family member weren't prepared to do?

Yes that's right. Hopefully I'll get them the sack 🙄

Seriously, some people need to grow up a bit.. There's a lovely big convid thread for you to play on without you taking your bitterness onto other threads 👍

20 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Some things to bear in mind: you're on a public forum, you are not (really) anonymous.

Have you thought through what you going to say to @HeHasRisen when he asks for details of the whistleblowing? It might be better to seek advice in a less public place.

Can you please explain why you have brought me into this please?

On 28/09/2021 at 19:57, The_DADDY said:

Evening all. 

I had cause to make a report that could very well mean the end of someone's job. 

I feel I did the right thing based on the circumstances but now I'm racked with guilt. 

I started to wonder if this person had a family, another source of income, a mortgage, lots of bills etc etc. 

I'm hoping someone just tells me to man up and stop being a wetwipe but has anyone ever felt like this? 

Not just guilt, of course we have all felt that but I'm very conflicted right now. I know I did the "right thing" but boy what repercussions this could have for someone. 

Man up DADDY.

But, watch your back.

The laws on "Not Grassing" don't only apply to those who believe this is an un-written law,

but the whole "Whistle blowing" help line set up in many firms isn't always un-forgiving.

People soon find them selves not only ostracised by their work colleagues but intimidated 

out of the workplace by management.  

Should you have thought about the persons mortgage, family etc?

is that something you should have had to  think about ?

Or something he/ she should have thought about first?

Right thing? wrong thing?

Only you know the exact circumstances that put You in the situation. 

Keep safe 🔪🔪🔪

Rocker.