Sarah Everard.

1 hour ago, Jim117 said:

That said, I won’t be shedding any tears if Sarah’s killer meets an untimely end during his sentence.

I do think that a young persons death is a waste, he may be someones father. If we could be sure he was a good citizen going forward, by whatever means, then that is the best outcome.

Perhaps drugs could alter behaviour, maybe that is down to too much testosterone?

It has now been disclosed that Wayne Cousins worked five times as an armed protection officer in The House  Of Commons. Not for me to say what I don’t know, but perhaps the Metropolitan Police ought to say what they do know, sooner rather than later.

What sort of person discusses what they did to their wife with others?

Better calibre of officer is needed.

It said on the news that there are approx. 1,000 police officers on duty with criminal offences!

Edited by cressida

It’s ok everyone, the Met have just launched a review of standards and internal culture.

That should sort things out. Let’s just hope that this review doesn’t drag on as long as all the other can kicking reviews/ public enquiries etc that get wheeled out when something unpleasant has happened.

They might be better off revetting  all their officers and investigating the rapey ones thoroughly. 

Edited by sibon

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It’s ok everyone, the Met have just launched a review of standards and internal culture.

That should sort things out. Let’s just hope that this review doesn’t drag on as long as all the other can kicking reviews/ public enquiries etc that get wheeled out when something unpleasant has happened.

They might be better off revetting  all their officers and investigating the rapey ones thoroughly. 

One charged with rape today.

On 05/10/2021 at 13:09, Findlay said:

Interesting link, thanks for posting it. I don't know what I was expecting but it looked like the most common reason for a police officer to lose their job due to misconduct was ... drink driving. The most common form of work-related misconduct seemed to be accessing the police databases for non-police, ie personal reasons.

In specific connection to the Sarah Everard case, there was an instance of a police officer being reported by a member of the public for having his lower clothing round his thighs so that his genitals were exposed. The officer, who was not on duty at the time, got a written warning. It might be worth pointing out that for it to be the crime of 'indecent exposure', it would require an intent to cause alarm or distress and this was not commented on. Other forms of misconduct which might be deemed somehow related to the Everard case/ women's issues were 1. police officers contacting members of the public, women I think, having obtained their details through work; 2. police officers found guilty of domestic violence; and 3. police officers found to have sexually harassed work colleagues.

Edited by Carbuncle

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Couzens has lodged an appeal to reduce the length of his sentence.  Here’s hoping

The Court Of Appeal says no and leaves it as it is, a whole life sentence.

He was always going to do that, firstly because he can, secondly because he doesn’t see what he did wrong, and before anyone questions the latter, he  didn’t  do what he did unless his perverted brain told him that it was OK.