Sarah Everard.

1 minute ago, ukdobby said:

And employ another 50,000 police hard enough getting them to come out now never mind half the station Every time you make an arrest,the guy showed Sarah his identification and she went with him,unfortunately I don't know the answer but if I was her family I'd want him hung drawn and quartered.

Please quantify your 50,000 police officers. Whenever I see marked police cars patrolling our streets there is rarely anyone other than two officers in them, and I don’t imagine that single police officers are detaining members of the public at twenty to the dozen.

20 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m pleased Couzens received a whole like sentence.  He is the only one to receive this for a single murder. 

My thoughts are with Sarah’s family who are also serving a whole life sentence.

My guess is that the "whole life" sentence won't be very long. Some other nut job already inside will probably do for him.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

And employ another 50,000 police hard enough getting them to come out now never mind half the station Every time you make an arrest,the guy showed Sarah his identification and she went with him,unfortunately I don't know the answer but if I was her family I'd want him hung drawn and quartered.

I know people that have had a visit from police in relation to comments on Facebook.

Are the police enforcing the wrong laws?

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I know people that have had a visit from police in relation to comments on Facebook.

Are the police enforcing the wrong laws?

I suppose it depends on the comments really. Where they making threats of some sort? 

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Whilst you are frothing at the mouth, I'm all for highlighting corruption, abuse of power etc but that guy will put people off. He behaves like he wants a confrontation and eventually hell probably get one. Like I said I've seen a lot of audit videos and will probably watch more I just won't waste my time on that blokes rubbish. 

I agree that the police force is not scutinised enough, but this is one murder.

GP Harold Shipman killed 15 people and is suspected to have killed hundreds more, yet I have never seen a doctor asked to even prove his/her ID.

Perhaps seeing a doctor via video makes us all safer and we should be gratefull?

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

My thoughts are that a person that has been detained/restrained by a single police officer, uniformed or not, should never be made to get into an unmarked vehicle. On the point of detention the detainer, who should have identified themselves, should then contact their HQ from where a marked police vehicle would be dispatched along with two uniformed police officers to transfer the detainee to an official police station.

So if a single policeman arrests you, and trys to put you in car - unmarked or otherwise - what are you going to do?

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I suppose it depends on the comments really. Where they making threats of some sort? 

Just making comments about councillors and then they get a visit. This has happened to more than one person, we are getting more and more controlled, we are like sheep.

I think saying that the trust in the police is ridiculous. When Harold Shipman and Beverley Allit murdered their patients did we all stop trusting the NHS. This was a murderer who was a police officer. The vast majority of officers are hard trustworthy men and women who do a hard job protecting us.

54 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So if a single policeman arrests you, and trys to put you in car - unmarked or otherwise - what are you going to do?

Insist that he /she contacts his/her superiors informing them that I will only travel in a marked police vehicle with two uniformed officers, I would also attempt to get passers by to witness the event, if he/she lays their hands in me I would activate my panic alarm.

Edited by crookesey