Where Would We Be Without Soldiers.

Not long ago it was the floods, so bring in the army to get their feet wet, etc. Then Covid struck, and armaggeddon loomed, so send in the army to scratch build some sizeable 'Nightingale' hospitals. Then it was the vaccine rollout, so bring in the army to set up field stations, etc.

Now we have an (avoidable) fuel supply situation, so - hey - bring in some army & RAF lorry drivers to bolster deliveries. 

This has got me thinking - why don't we P45 all the politicians and senior bureaucrats and let the services run everything. They can't do a worse job than some of the clowns at the top. 

Just a thought..........🙂.🙂

27 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

This has got me thinking - why don't we P45 all the politicians and senior bureaucrats and let the services run everything. They can't do a worse job than some of the clowns at the top. 

No, ... I think I will pass on your fantasies of military dictatorship.

40 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

Not long ago it was the floods, so bring in the army to get their feet wet, etc. Then Covid struck, and armaggeddon loomed, so send in the army to scratch build some sizeable 'Nightingale' hospitals. Then it was the vaccine rollout, so bring in the army to set up field stations, etc.

Now we have an (avoidable) fuel supply situation, so - hey - bring in some army & RAF lorry drivers to bolster deliveries. 

Just a thought..........🙂.🙂

Not a very bright one though, eh?

There’s a simpler and much more benign approach: permanently demob, rebadge and civvy-retrain this bit of repurposed ‘Army’, as ‘Civil Security’.

No khakis, no weapons, no military code or capacity. Just civvy support missions of general interest to the population, like driving HGVs / green goddesses in crisis times, mitigating mass floods, augmenting healthcare provision, etc, etc.

The generals will likely shout and scream at losing still more bodies and budget, but Middle Eastern adventurism is all done with, so much ado about nothing.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The army is a much under used national resource.  They should be brought in and used more when there are problems they can help with.  Their work with the vaccine roll out is a good example.

I fully agree, West77. 

It was announced that the army were available to drive the fuel tankers a little while ago. Did anyone else notice the delay by the government to implement it? By the time the military were behind the wheel of HGVs, many filling stations had run dry, and there were queues all around the country. Well organised Boris.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The army is a much under used national resource.  They should be brought in and used more when there are problems they can help with.  Their work with the vaccine roll out is a good example.

Yep totally agree.

8 minutes ago, Janus said:

I fully agree, West77. 

It was announced that the army were available to drive the fuel tankers a little while ago. Did anyone else notice the delay by the government to implement it? By the time the military were behind the wheel of HGVs, many filling stations had run dry, and there were queues all around the country. Well organised Boris.

Most of them cant drive tankers.