Where Would We Be Without Soldiers.

Just now, West 77 said:

To be fair to Boris he's had other things on his mind during the last week such as his Mother's funeral.  I agree there shouldn't have been such a long delay in implementing the army driving fuel tankers.  However even the army will have needed to familiarise themselves with the health and safety issues of transporting fuel and placing it in the big tanks at petrol stations.

The first part is a bit of nonsense, but the rest is correct. 

No soldiers, do you mean no soldiers world-wide?

So all our efforts as a species can be channeled in to projects for the greater good of humanity (rather than trying to dominate and kill each other)?

Oh, I'm sure that'd be a complete disaster!

Much better if humanity is fragmented and divided along artificial man-made lines; with constructs like nationality and hierarchy (social class etc). Doing what we're told when the global elite fall out with each over and want more control (including controlling what you think), power and resources for themselves and their cronies, and direct the poor soldiers to go kill each other, in order to achieve their aims.

Practically speaking of course; that is where we're at, and given that context, it would be suicide to do with out them. It's a bit like nuclear disarmament, brilliant idea, but no-one is going to go first.

16 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I believe that is what his job entails, would you wish him to retire into a period of mourning?

Make your mind up - he's at work, he shouldn't be at work. What do you think he shoukd be doing? I'd expect that prior to a difficult day, get his transport and defense secretaries to get things moving. Thats what theyre there for.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Make your mind up - he's at work, he shouldn't be at work. What do you think he shoukd be doing? I'd expect that prior to a difficult day, get his transport and defense secretaries to get things moving. Thats what theyre there for.

I had made my mind up, it’s you that appears to be confused, didn’t he do exactly as you wished? 

Interesting thread so far.  Within the first 2 pages of it we've got a suggested military coup, an idea of de-mobbing the military to solve civilan problems and leaving us open to any other country with expansion plans (or invasions) and suggestions that using military HGV drivers would solve the petrol crisis (oops - we're not meant to use that word are we?).

I'll hastily pass over the first 2, but even my poor maths skills suggest that the very few military personnel in the UK with HGV licences could hardly somehow solve the ...  current situation.....  for the whole country.  A decent PR stunt at best.

7 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Interesting thread so far.  Within the first 2 pages of it we've got a suggested military coup, an idea of de-mobbing the military to solve civilan problems and leaving us open to any other country with expansion plans (or invasions) and suggestions that using military HGV drivers would solve the petrol crisis (oops - we're not meant to use that word are we?).

I'll hastily pass over the first 2, but even my poor maths skills suggest that the very few military personnel in the UK with HGV licences could hardly somehow solve the ...  current situation.....  for the whole country.  A decent PR stunt at best.

The UK has been undergoing asset-stripping by disaster capitalists for about 2 years now, and the trend is severely up, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that one in bold 😉

But agreed on the Army/HGV thing. I can’t remember the source (it would have been ‘serious’, ie broadsheet article or gvt, not some anonymous Tweet or FB post), but I vaguely recall an estimate of less than 2k Army drivers with suitable quals, many of whom reservists (so likely already working as HGV drivers anyway).