Meat And Vegatable Shortages

so its wrong to ask people to work picking crops for at least a minimum wage,if its short the state make up the difference ,its wrong to tell people its a good idea to work?

some people will only ever be capable of warehouse or farm work,whats wrong with that,or shall we tell the boris to open our borders and let anyone come and let farmers pay them cash in the hand,thats never right is it?if not we import our food,destroying the planet and paying high costs and let all these folk stay at home on the dole waiting for a top job to come along that they dont have the skils for.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Exactly. This is no job for you if you've got a family to support, I'm surprised people can't seem to realise that.

The people who did it short term pre Brexit did not have to cope with the UK cost of living. Do your bills, council tax etc stop because you're working in the fields? Conditions were better back in the 1930's (and that's not saying much) when whole families used to decamp from London during the Summer holidays to pick hops etc.  What farmer these days is going to want to put that sort of infrastructure in place?  And even then, who would want to be subject to, or subject their kids to it? 

The foreign workers who used to do the job before still had bills and taxes and financial responsibilities to pay. They were not all young free single men. Many of them had families at home which they had to continue to provide for whilst they were doing such work.

It is not an ideal job for those with families but then it is not an ideal world. Breeding a child comes with responsibilities and there are plenty of other types workers whose job involves significant time away from their families. There are plenty of other workers who sometimes have to pay contribute to the burden of travel, accommodation and sustenance alongside keeping their primary home running.  Oil rig workers, laborers, trades, building contractors, military workers, hauliers, installers, engineers, technicians, actors, performers..... just a few roles who have to spend several weeks or months of the year away from their homes. 

You asked who would want to be subjected to it? I say anyone who needs work. Far too many prepared to sit on their backsides expecting the government to look after them. Oh yes, we will breed a couple of kids but hey there's no work in the local area..... don't worry the state will pick up the tab. Disgraceful selfish attitude which I fear is starting to infiltrate across the spectrum of British workforce. "...I wouldn't get out of bed for that.." they  scream. Well, if they are fit, healthy, capable and long-term jobless there shouldn't be any choice.

Edited by ECCOnoob

37 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The foreign workers who used to do the job before still had bills and taxes and financial responsibilities to pay. They were not all young free single men. Many of them had families at home which they had to continue to provide for whilst they were doing such work.

It is not an ideal job for those with families but then it is not an ideal world. Breeding a child comes with responsibilities and there are plenty of other types workers whose job involves significant time away from their families. There are plenty of other workers who sometimes have to pay contribute to the burden of travel, accommodation and sustenance alongside keeping their primary home running.  Oil rig workers, laborers, trades, building contractors, military workers, hauliers, installers, engineers, technicians, actors, performers..... just a few roles who have to spend several weeks or months of the year away from their homes. 

You asked who would want to be subjected to it? I say anyone who needs work. Far too many prepared to sit on their backsides expecting the government to look after them. Oh yes, we will breed a couple of kids but hey there's no work in the local area..... don't worry the state will pick up the tab. Disgraceful selfish attitude which I fear is starting to infiltrate across the spectrum of British workforce. "...I wouldn't get out of bed for that.." they  scream. Well, if they are fit, healthy, capable and long-term jobless there shouldn't be any choice.

Good post,  fully agree  but I think the pay could be better.

Edited by PRESLEY

well thats the idea,dont bring in foreign workers,pay our own better to do the job,but they wont or dont want to work,so boris has now got shortages,in my mind a jobs a job.if you have kids you will get more money and better your life,if theres a shortfall the goverment will give it you.

Why not get those who aren't in work at the moment to build a new road or overhead rail shuttle into the city - everyone wins then don't they

Are we applying this new rule to everyone who isn't productive (pensioners etc) or just sections of the community that some posters don't like?

10 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Why not get those who aren't in work at the moment to build a new road or overhead rail shuttle into the city - everyone wins then don't they

Are we applying this new rule to everyone who isn't productive (pensioners etc) or just sections of the community that some posters don't like?

Hmmm... :huh:

What a silly idea!

Just how many people do you think would be willing to use an overhead rail shuttle if they knew it had been built by a group of work-shy time-wasters? :roll:

well the matter has to be sorted,with no fruit/veg pickers and no one in warehouses and no drivers,what a mess,boris has got the jobs for OUR workers,but it seems a lot dont want them,its unfair that we pay 2 million to sign on,but cannot find people to do easy tasks

13 hours ago, MJ01 said:

I thought we were tunnelling?