Trustpilot .Is It At All Genuine

I must say that I don’t totally rely on this ,or any other ratings indicators.

As far as tradesmen are concerned I have built up a range of plumbers,electricians,builders ,garages etc that I have used and trust.

However,within the last 3 months I have reviewed 2 services.

The first was excellent and went above and beyond .

This was acknowledged and published within a few hours.

The second was absolutely useless but I gave one star for turning up. Days later I have no confirmation at all and suspect that I will hear no more.

It was totally factual and not an expletive filled rant.

31 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree with you.

Thanks Parttricia,

Reading it back though, I mean't to say:

"I strongly suspect, businesses can also have negative reviews removed for any number of reasons."

I think generally, the whole thing of online reviews, is untrustworthy. Amazon have problems too, with companies gaming the system and paying for fake reviews. These will be either positive towards their own company, or negative, against competitors. There are stories of companies creating original high quality products, selling on Amazon, then a competitor comes along with a cheapo Chinese copy, sabotages the original seller (flooding with poor reviews), and over takes them on the Amazon platform (by paying for fake positive reviews etc).

I can't say how reliable it is; but Google Businesses / Maps, seems a bit better; though even there, you're going to have fake reviews.

Edited by Waldo