Not All Whippersnappers Are Work-Shy

Hello everyone! :wave:

We all know the bad press some people (myself included) give the young whippersnappers about being work-shy, but I just stumbled across this video on YouTube that could be a bit of an inspiration to any unemployed youngsters.

It's a 'behind the scenes' look at two young guys in Florida who have their own garden tidying business.

Once a week they offer their services FOR FREE to anyone they think needs help and can't afford to pay, and in return they're allowed to make their videos (which presumably gets them even more paid work).

The key point is that because they offer their service FOR FREE, a lot of people turn them down!

We can probably have a guess at one of the many reasons why that might be - you don't get owt for nowt. Right?

The video is 30 minutes long (so probably far too long for the attention span of most SF members) but if you've got the time then it's certainly worth a watch. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVZRfE-AY4

14 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

We all know the bad press some people (myself included) give the young whippersnappers about being work-shy, but I just stumbled across this video on YouTube that could be a bit of an inspiration to any unemployed youngsters.

It's a 'behind the scenes' look at two young guys in Florida who have their own garden tidying business.

Once a week they offer their services FOR FREE to anyone they think needs help and can't afford to pay, and in return they're allowed to make their videos (which presumably gets them even more paid work).

The key point is that because they offer their service FOR FREE, a lot of people turn them down!

We can probably have a guess at one of the many reasons why that might be - you don't get owt for nowt. Right?

The video is 30 minutes long (so probably far too long for the attention span of most SF members) but if you've got the time then it's certainly worth a watch. :)

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Mr. Bloke,

Your post has not generated much of a response, as you say, not many Forum members have the capacity to be educated for 30mins.

However, I did manage to give it 7mins of my valuable time before falling asleep.

I would like to suggest you give up on your attempts (re-inspiration to unemployed youngsters) to inspire todays "Whippersnappers".

In future can you please stick with your World famous brand of humour........

Mr. Bloke "n" Sensible doesn't work.

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2021 at 22:04, Mr Bloke said:

You are so right Mr Bloke. I love this.

There are so many opportunities of  this sort  for a young and not so young fit person , that doesn't take a fortune to set up. I used to tell my son who had his own business just turn up when you say you will, (and communicate with your client if you're  delayed through no fault of your own,) and you will already be head and shoulders above a lot of your competitors.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 13:09, Anna B said:

You are so right Mr Bloke. I love this.

There are so many opportunities of  this sort  for a young and not so young fit person , that doesn't take a fortune to set up. I used to tell my son who had his own business just turn up when you say you will, (and communicate with your client if you're  delayed through no fault of your own,) and you will already be head and shoulders above a lot of your competitors.  

100% Anna

Over the years I have found that people seem to be more surprised when you do what you say you will, in respect of turning up and being on time.