The attitudes of British muslims and non-muslims toward each other

No draws, it's going to be one or the other, when's it going to start and what will be the outcome?

Well I don't subscribe to an apocalyptic vision of the British future based on religious differences, there simply aren't enough Muslims here to make that difference, assuming they wanted to.

If we need anything to worry about, we should be looking at climate change, the fragility of international financial systems and the long term consequences of people living longer.

Well I don't subscribe to an apocalyptic vision of the British future based on religious differences, there simply aren't enough Muslims here to make that difference, assuming they wanted to.

If we need anything to worry about, we should be looking at climate change, the fragility of international financial systems and the long term consequences of people living longer.

Of course you don't, well, not until it would be safe to do so and that will take time.

I think this is the most telling part of the article:

Four-fifths of those polled said they have less than very little knowledge about Islam, while 40% did not know who "Allah" referred to and 36% did not know who the Prophet Muhammad was.

It's a bit like doing a poll on say "who is the greatest footballer ever" then discovering than 4/5ths of the respondents have never watched a game of football.

Do people actually need to know? As long as there are two sides there will always be conflict. I repeat, when is it going to kick off?

Do people actually need to know? As long as there are two sides there will always be conflict.
There's no need for anyone to know, but why would anyone want to pick a fight with something they don't understand?

I repeat, when is it going to kick off?

..don't worry Mecky, remain in your bunker, I guarantee when you feel confident enough to venture out you'll find the world much the same as when you cut yourself off from it ;)

Do people actually need to know? As long as there are two sides there will always be conflict. I repeat, when is it going to kick off?

Yes people are only on two sides:

Some people on one side

Some people on the other side

Some people who think there are lots of sides

Some people who only think there is one side

Some people on the fence

Some people who werent aware we were supposed to take sides in the first place

Some people who dont know what a side is

There's no need for anyone to know, but why would anyone want to pick a fight with something they don't understand?

..don't worry Mecky, remain in your bunker, I guarantee when you feel confident enough to venture out you'll find the world much the same as when you cut yourself off from it ;)

That works both ways doesn't it?

Oh, and perhaps it will be same, but it's not exactly great as it is and things are only going to get worse.

Archived