The attitudes of British muslims and non-muslims toward each other

That works both ways doesn't it?

Yes, of course it works both ways, and I would say the same to a Muslim on here who also predicted such a negative outcome, but I haven't encountered any as yet.

Oh, and perhaps it will be same, but it's not exactly great as it is and things are only going to get worse.

..well things have never 'exactly been great' throughout the history of this nation, even during boom time there was abject poverty, uneducated children, higher rates of infant mortality and lower life expectancy...things change, but invariably they're just replaced with new challenges, that's life.

I repeat, when is it going to kick off?
When Mossad, MI6, CIA, the DGSE or another gets proof that Iran has its first operational nuclear warhead...or when a 'Government report' claims that they have (got that proof and the ability to launch at Israel within 45 minutes).

Take your pick.

I don't imagine it'll be long, though. I'd imagine those oil wells got to be grabbed secured pretty soon, what with that BP mishap.

I think this is the most telling part of the article:

Four-fifths of those polled said they have less than very little knowledge about Islam, while 40% did not know who "Allah" referred to and 36% did not know who the Prophet Muhammad was.

It's a bit like doing a poll on say "who is the greatest footballer ever" then discovering than 4/5ths of the respondents have never watched a game of football.

Here is another similar survey:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/0730/Pakistan-likes-Al-Qaeda-more-than-America

I wonder how many of those Pakistanis know Americans or have knowledge of US culture/way of life etc.

Here is another similar survey:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/0730/Pakistan-likes-Al-Qaeda-more-than-America

I wonder how many of those Pakistanis know Americans or have knowledge of US culture/way of life etc.

Did the survey ask about their knowledge of American culture or did it ask about what effect on people's lives these three entities have had in Pakistan? I would have thought the Pakistanis were speaking frm their experience of Americans coming over to the region and now a mention of some 26000 Pakistanis been killed due to the spill over of the invasion of Afghanistan. No amount of money would bribe those who have lost loved ones sir. Opinions do change and over time these will too but at the moment the Americans haven't done anything in the region to expect praise for.

Did the survey ask about their knowledge of American culture or did it ask about what effect on people's lives these three entities have had in Pakistan? I would have thought the Pakistanis were speaking frm their experience of Americans coming over to the region and now a mention of some 26000 Pakistanis been killed due to the spill over of the invasion of Afghanistan. No amount of money would bribe those who have lost loved ones sir. Opinions do change and over time these will too but at the moment the Americans haven't done anything in the region to expect praise for.

It was simply an illustration that these surveys could be conducted anywhere and would invariably show a negative view of the minority by the majority.

Opinions do change and over time these will too but at the moment the Americans haven't done anything in the region to expect praise for.
You don't think the American people giving 7 plus billion to the Pakistanis, which they could have used for their own people, like in New Orleans, is anything to be grateful for?:huh:

For me, I don't mind donating to a national disaster like the floods there at the mo, but I really don't see why we're all giving our hard earned cash away in foreign aid to countries like Pakistan. :huh:

You don't think the American people giving 7 plus billion to the Pakistanis, which they could have used for their own people, like in New Orleans, is anything to be grateful for?:huh:

For me, I don't mind donating to a national disaster like the floods there at the mo, but I really don't see why we're all giving our hard earned cash away in foreign aid to countries like Pakistan. :huh:

If you don't see it then maybe you shouldn't be giving it sir. It has to be a personal choice.

Incidentally how much would be enough for you to be happy with having your loved ones being blown to kingdom come? How thankful would you be to the donation giver who also has taken lives of your loved ones?

That works both ways doesn't it?

Oh, and perhaps it will be same, but it's not exactly great as it is and things are only going to get worse.

Have you considered that you might try and do something positive, rather than just make proclamations of doom from the sidelines?

What have you done to promote good relations between muslim and non-muslim communities recently?

Did you know Pakistan was one of the many countries that provided aid to the US following Hurricane Katrina?

Because you want them to like you and forget about all the mayhem and deaths caused by your actions.

Archived