National Hate Crime Week. Should Shouting At Or Close Passing Cyclists Be A Hate

National Hate Crime Week. Should shouting at or close passing cyclists be a hate crime?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. National Hate Crime Week. Should shouting at or close passing cyclists be a hate crime?

• Yes
    • No
    • What does close pass mean?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/21 at 23:59

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Looks like National 'Hate Every Body Week'

War? What 'War?

A 'Green War' or a simple 'Choice' of Transport? 

Where the 'Hell' does 'Skin Colour' (with a U') 'Gender' or 'Sexual Preference' come into anything that's been said so far?

I don't get the 'Don't see many drivers on sidewalks'.  why should there be 'Drivers' on 'Pavement's'?

As for 'Children out with their parents being totally out of control ('Physically'). How else are the 'Children' supposed to learn road craft?

'Pavements' where there is a 'Joint sharing' of them (Cycle lanes) work. 

I've said it before, where we are, there is an (Although unwritten) agreement, on busier roads cyclists share the pavements with pedestrians, and it works.

And quite rightly so, in my books.

Fines for riding on the pavement, Licencing for Cyclist just another way to line the coffers of the government.

(Not very Green' having to issue every 'Cyclist with a 'Plastic Photo Licence every 10 year') (LOL).

Lack of respect from the Skool kids you mention is exactly that, 'Lack of Respect'.

What went wrong?

I've no idea. We were brought up to show respect, our kids were & theirs have been.

The World's gone 'Feral'

Keep safe out there 8)

The word "hate" is in common usage.

It is used indicriminately, to explain a dislike of anything from certain foods, to certain politicians, to legitimate political parties.

I used to correct my kids at the table, You may not like, or "prefer" sprouts, but why "hate" them ? The little bu--ers didn't ask to be chopped off, boiled , and put on your plate.

But the hate industry has grown for better or worse into an intrusion into free speech, manifested in it's cancel culture, and labelling the 47.000,000 folks who voted for the Republican Party's platform of domestic and foreign policies, as "racist".

A lot of them voted for Obama. Twice!

It was the current U.S. President, that defined his version of "blackness", when he opined, If you don't vote for me, you aint black!

"Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth, "rip down all hate, " I screamed
Lies that life is black and white spoke from my skull, I dreamed".  - Bob Dylan

"Where's the love. y'all?" - Black Eyed Peas.

Edited by trastrick

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2021 at 11:08, Elmambo said:

So a motorist has to  keep a distance of 1.5, metres from a cyclist whilst overtaking. ?   Therefore,  a cyclist must keep 1.5, metres from a motorist when overtaking ?  No doubt the police will be chasing all the riders who overtake on the left a few inches away from cars ? - thought not.

Why do you think a cyclist must keep 1.5m away from passing cars? Are cyclists going to cause fatal injuries to the driver if the wing mirror gets clipped?

More cyclists are turning to technology to record their journeys into work. The NHS has had a massive push to get doctors, nurses, pharmacists and all support staff cycling to work with the "Bike to work scheme"

Selfish drivers are putting the lives of essential workers in danger by driving too close and sometimes directly at cyclists. Even parents taking children to school and setting more than a poor example.

With the poll now finished I can see that over 25% of the responding group think that aiming a car at a cyclist should be a hate crime which is more than enough to start the next process of lobbying the local council.

Thank you all for your responses.

Overall most Sheffield drivers are very tolerant and patient drivers but some need to be called out as dangerous drivers. This is what it is like for our friends, neighbours, relatives and children getting about in Sheffield on occasion.

13 hours ago, Findlay said:

Why do you think a cyclist must keep 1.5m away from passing cars? Are cyclists going to cause fatal injuries to the driver if the wing mirror gets clipped?

More cyclists are turning to technology to record their journeys into work. The NHS has had a massive push to get doctors, nurses, pharmacists and all support staff cycling to work with the "Bike to work scheme"

Selfish drivers are putting the lives of essential workers in danger by driving too close and sometimes directly at cyclists. Even parents taking children to school and setting more than a poor example.

With the poll now finished I can see that over 25% of the responding group think that aiming a car at a cyclist should be a hate crime which is more than enough to start the next process of lobbying the local council.

Thank you all for your responses.

Overall most Sheffield drivers are very tolerant and patient drivers but some need to be called out as dangerous drivers. This is what it is like for our friends, neighbours, relatives and children getting about in Sheffield on occasion.

That video is a good example for those motorists who criticise cyclists who take primary position when approaching such squeeze points- if they don't do it, there are murdurous idiots like that truck driver who will try to fit through and put the cyclists life at risk.

Did that truch have a license plate- I couldn't make one out on the video?

8 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

What tickles me is when you see one dressed up like they're in the Tour de France, with skin-tight gear endorsed with Team Sky or somesuch, helmet with cameras back and front..... and they're on the pavement!

Hilarious!

Avoiding Talking dogs....no doubt.

10 hours ago, FoxLady said:

What tickles me is when you see one dressed up like they're in the Tour de France, with skin-tight gear endorsed with Team Sky or somesuch, helmet with cameras back and front..... and they're on the pavement!

Hilarious!

How do you feel about people wearing football kit to play football?