Conservative Mp Stabbed

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

They didn’t bother to do what?

After the murder of Jo Cox in 2016, the spending on MPs' security rose from £170,576 in 2015/16, to £4.5m two years later.

From  the BBC website.

Surely the Government should be looking into how people with mental health problems are looked after?

Only last month a man in Plymouth  with mental health issues killed 5 people. The bow and arrow killer from Norway killed 5 people, also had mental health issues.

I've only just heard about this and don't yet know the details, but what a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

From what little I've heard, he sounds like one of the good guys, a kind, dedicated MP who would help anyone no matter what party they supported or what creed  they belonged to. I'd hoped Joe Cox was a one off occurence, an aberation, but it seems not.  

I can't help feeling the general mood of a lot of the population is verging on hive mental illness /paranoia all the way up to psychosis. I hope something can be done about that. And I hope this doesn't lead to MPs no longer wanting to hold face to face surgeries. It isn't what he would have wanted apparently. 

I feel terribly sad for his poor unlucky bereaved family.

Edited by Anna B