International Day For The Eradication Of Poverty

Irrespective of normal inflation, habits like smoking and drinking are mega expensive these days. Both are habits that I participated in, would I have had the will power to quit back in those days, I haven’t a clue?

The cost of 20 cigarettes a day buys circa £70.00 worth of food a week, be it healthy or unhealthy food. I see plenty of overweight unfit folk in South West Sheffield who can well afford £70.00 per week to spend on cigarettes, I don’t feel qualified to criticise any section of society.

15 hours ago, sibon said:

Most intelligent people don't waste their time denigrating those less fortunate than themselves.

Indeed, most of the successful and intelligent people that I know, engage themselves in trying to eradicate inequalities.

There is a subset of preachy knobs who try to sow division. But, who would want to align themselves with such unappealing people?

And quite how is raising the apt point that those at the bottom of society waste money on unhealthy fats food sowing division? 

It merely supports the position that wages and benefits are quite adequate to provide a living, unless the recipients spend their income inefficiently.

(But don't let that stop you from bringing in some name-calling - after all, why debate the post when you can just attack the poster?)

5 minutes ago, Caswall said:

And quite how is raising the apt point that those at the bottom of society waste money on unhealthy fats food sowing division? 

It merely supports the position that wages and benefits are quite adequate to provide a living, unless the recipients spend their income inefficiently.

(But don't let that stop you from bringing in some name-calling - after all, why debate the post when you can just attack the poster?)

I didn't indulge in name calling.

Do be careful on that horse of yours, sweetie.