Guide To Making Complaints

On 19/10/2021 at 08:11, dutch said:

UK people are more patient social and relaxed than other cultures that I have seen elsewhere.

And what is the point getting angry with someone cleaning tables for minimum wage not having enough staff to do it or call the manager who works for low wage for the owner and give them a lecture.

English people usually simply do not come back again when a place is really bad.

Try to get a coffee from Cineworld costa even when there is no line-up it takes a staff of 2 or 3 people sometimes almost 10 minutes to make one coffee. When there is a line up you must give yourself 30 minutes or more to get one and the tables are disgusting there.

But the staff working there are not the responsible ones to complain to. their responsible management is usually not there and they are only middle people working for the company.

I don't find that to be true.  Over the years, I have travelled frequently between the U.K. and Canada.

There is a well marked line in front of each airport carousel for luggage pickup. If you stand behind that line everybody has a chance to see when their luggage is coming by, and you can just step forward and be ready to pick it up. On English flights this was normal behaviour.

Thses days, nobody pays attention to the line, and crowd right up to the conveyor.  Even the ones in front are having to lean over the conveyor to see what's coming. This results in much pushing and shoving, and even risk of injury from having to push in, grab and haul off very heavy luggage. Especially for the elderly and otherwise physically challenged.

Just an adecdote, but it's consistent behavior I see these days, which I just put down to the coarsening of the culture.

I have complained that "they" don't put up a sign to that effect.

On 19/10/2021 at 13:11, dutch said:

UK people are more patient social and relaxed than other cultures that I have seen elsewhere.

And what is the point getting angry with someone cleaning tables for minimum wage not having enough staff to do it or call the manager who works for low wage for the owner and give them a lecture.

English people usually simply do not come back again when a place is really bad.

Try to get a coffee from Cineworld costa even when there is no line-up it takes a staff of 2 or 3 people sometimes almost 10 minutes to make one coffee. When there is a line up you must give yourself 30 minutes or more to get one and the tables are disgusting there.

But the staff working there are not the responsible ones to complain to. their responsible management is usually not there and they are only middle people working for the company.

I don't know. I have never heard anybody complain,