Which Areas Should I Buy?

Hi all,

I hope you all having a good day. Me and my partner are looking to buy a house in Sheffield sometime around next March/April. My partner works there and I used to work in Hillsborough for short period but we don't know much about the area so I'm here for some advice.

Our budget: £200k
We are in our early 30s, no kids, looking for a quiet neighbourhood & preferably maximum 10 miles journey to city centre (work purpose). We'll be going for semi-detached/end of terrace and it might be bit too specific but prefer one with own drive way (as a result of the

current parking situation where we live).

If you can give me maybe a list of areas to go for or to avoid and what they're like that'd be great! I've been looking online and got to know areas like:

Beighton
Basegreen

Thank you very much!

a good estate agent should be able to help - note the word "should" If nothing else a simple search in your price bracket would be a good starting point.

I would then do the screening once you have ideas about the sort of properties and prices in various areas. What about issues such as public transport are they a factor

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Just go and view everything that matches your cost and travel requirements, you might get a nice surprise.

Thank you! I was just wondering if there’s any areas that I should avoid just to narrow down the search. I know nowadays no areas are completely safe/great but still want to avoid those classed as rough 😔 

50 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

a good estate agent should be able to help - note the word "should" If nothing else a simple search in your price bracket would be a good starting point.

I would then do the screening once you have ideas about the sort of properties and prices in various areas. What about issues such as public transport are they a factor

Not too much problem if there’s no public transport but preferably yes. I feel like I have too many requirements haha but I know it might not be possible just bit lost where to start.

11 minutes ago, HariboQueen said:

Thank you! I was just wondering if there’s any areas that I should avoid just to narrow down the search. I know nowadays no areas are completely safe/great but still want to avoid those classed as rough 😔 

Not too much problem if there’s no public transport but preferably yes. I feel like I have too many requirements haha but I know it might not be possible just bit lost where to start.

You can’t legislate for area suitably, I’m a South West Sheffield/ North East Derbyshire person who wouldn’t stray out of these areas. If you’re looking at circa £200K for a semi or terraced you will have a good choice, that’s why I always say “get yourself there and have a good walk around, chat to folk and suss out the facilities”.