When Was The Nhs Last Ok?

When was the last time the NHS provided a satisfactory level of healthcare for the population?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time the NHS provided a satisfactory level of healthcare for the population?

• The NHS is currently providing a satisfactory level of care.
    • NHS levels of care were fine until the pandemic hit.
    • Ten years ago things were fine but they had already dropped below acceptable levels before the pandemic hit.
    • Twenty years ago the NHS was fit for purpose but not so ten years ago.
    • The NHS has not provided satisfactory levels of care in over two decades.
    • The NHS is broken but I am not sure when it happened.

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

I needed a dentist not so long ago and I  spite of being on a 12month waiting list, l ended up at Charles Clifford. He berated me for not going to a private dentist

I told him l couldn't get one but he obviously didn't believe me. He started Ringing a few and played the 'l am a big Consultant' card, but he got the same response,  'Waiting lists... '

Now my point is, how can a Consultant Dentist not know what's going on in his own profession?

I have found that they are a bit in a world of thier own up at The Charles Clifford. I had exactly the same problem.

On 24/10/2021 at 13:07, spilldig said:

I think it was at it's best about 50 years ago but that wasn't on list of options on the poll.

I didn't offer "at its best fifty years ago" as an option because that is an answer to a different question. Of course, it may well be that more people would have been interested in your implied question ("When was the NHS at its best?") than the one I asked which has drawn relatively few responses.