Glasgow Cop. Climate Change Conference 2021

2 hours ago, LovePotion said:

All of these eco-warriors are hypocrites. My neighbours used to rdcycle, have those phippy net shopping bags but drove everywhere. Meanwhile, I choose not to drive (mainly because it's a pain in the bum finding parking spaces, avoiding drink, MOT etc), yet I don't make a song and dance and I'm probably the most dco-friendly person in my neighbourhood.

We just have to do our best. (And stop turning on each other for not getting it right.)

At least we are more aware of what we should do, and how we can help, and better alternatives will present themselves soon enough. Human's are nothing if not inventive problem solvers, and this problem is hugely complex. 

In the meantime keep on trying to do your bit, whether it's a brick in your cistern, taking the bus, giving up meat, or buying less. It all helps.    

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

At least we are more aware of what we should do, and how we can help, and better alternatives will present themselves soon enough. Human's are nothing if not inventive problem solvers, and this problem is hugely complex. 

Very true Anna,

2000 or more yrs ago humans did remarkable things, The pyramids of Egypt, Hadrians Wall, The great Wall of China, the Amphitheatre's, Stonehenge, and many more, all without todays technology.

Every house should have solar panels on the roof and a wind turbine fitted.

Drainage systems need updating to cope with floods.

Wind power is increasing daily,

Hydro electricity needs looking at,

We could even use excess water from flooding, and pump it through underground pipelines to irrigate the deserts.

When the crunch comes science will sort it, but not before millions of lives are lost.

19 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I for one , am already fed up  with the constant news coverage . Ramming it down peoples throats is not going help .

I'm happy for the coverage.  But I bet you any money its not mentioned next week once the media have something new to chew on.  Remember the blanket coverage of the migrant boats, the lorry driver shortages, the drink spiking?  All still a big problem.

6 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Actually I have no children....I take the potion at the speaking end.

The 2/3 Mrs Johnsons should have followed your example, then Boris could have led by example and brought in the one child policy  :)

See that Prince Charles is due to fly off on a Middle East tour to raise amongst other things, climate change. 

Meanwhile, The Queen has basically started her Christmas holidays by flying from Windsor to Sandringham. 

Edited by Baron99

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

See that Prince Charles is due to fly off on a Middle East tour to raise amongst other things, climate change. 

Meanwhile, The Queen has basically started her Christmas holidays by flying from Windsor to Sandringham. 

Let's ban all private jets. 

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Let's ban all private jets. 

Make that one jet journey per year allowed for every citizen .  Sea travel should be encouraged on ships that carry our goods around the World . The problem is the rich who demand all the goodies while telling the rest of us how to behave . Charlie boy and his family inc .