Greta Thunberg

I never used to like her.  Think it was her incessant scowl which put me off.

However after watching her on The Andrew Marr Show yesterday I've changed my mind.  She presented herself so well thinking about her answers to the questions posed before opening her mouth.  Maybe she could smile a bit more though because then I think more people would warm to her.

Last year, or the year before there were quite a few articles in the press really having a go at her from the likes of Brendan O'Neill, Toby Young & other right wing hacks. More or less mocking her  - when she was still an autistic schoolgirl. Very unpleasant.

Pity they didn't do it to her face - she could've given them one of her death stares :cool:

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

No way !

Hmmm... :huh:

She serves a purpose...

... to appeal to the whippersnappers as someone they might listen to.

It could have been anyone...

... it just so happened that the daughter of a couple of eco-warriors was available! :roll:

15 minutes ago, francypants said:

However after watching her on The Andrew Marr Show yesterday I've changed my mind.  She presented herself so well thinking about her answers to the questions posed before opening her mouth.  Maybe she could smile a bit more though because then I think more people would warm to her.

I never used to like her either fran, and like you, it was her incessant scowl, but when I actually listened to what she was saying, I realised that she was telling us all the truth.

22 minutes ago, francypants said:

Smile a bit more!!!

Be fair, what has she got to smile about? Knowing she as got to survive and live on a planet that is being totally destroyed and poisoned by mankind.... She must have a lot of anger and hatred within herself for the way mankind has neglected and ruined our planet, it is no wonder she finds it hard to smile knowing what type of future she will probably have...

We should ALL be like her and have the spirit to fight for a better world...