Greta Thunberg

On 05/11/2021 at 20:38, ECCOnoob said:

Regardless of whatever definition,  the point is that she cannot be using it as some pathetic excuse for her failure to answer a simple question. She was at a bloody press conference. She chose to go to this event and play politician. She reaps the rewards of her fame and notoriety by getting access to these very high-profile figures and events. She chooses to put herself front and centre. She's the one who chooses to preach to the masses and claim that she is the voice of the unheard.

She is not, and never has used autism as an excuse. 

She is reaping no rewards of 'celebrity' or of mingling with these 'high profile' politicians- they are desicable greedy lying individuals when seen through autistic eyes.

She is a young person who is fully aware of the fact that we are in the middle of a mass extinction event whose horrors will likely unfold in her lifetime, and is associating with this political trash only because she thinks it is carries a very small chance of causing change that could lower the damage.

Edited by onewheeldave

On 05/11/2021 at 21:46, Mister Gee said:

I like Greta, she boils the p*** of sad old men.

25 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

The problem the Left have with Greta is that they change how they use her, which blurs the lines.

You criticise one aspect and she's hailed as a strong young woman...

Criticise her in another way and she's a child...

Make your mind up!

Bingo

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Autism isn't a disorder, condition or disability- it is a different neurotype; one associated with a tendency to honesty, straight talking and a dislike of lies, deception and social grooming.

Well you better go tell the NHS who describe how this thing whatever you want to define it as requires clinical diagnosis or perhaps go argue with the Oxford English Dictionary which defines it as a mental disorder in its first sentence.

It is still completely irrelevant to her complete failure in answering a simple question from a journalist at a press conference that she chose to be on the panel of.

Edited by ECCOnoob

On 05/11/2021 at 21:46, Mister Gee said:

I like Greta, she boils the p*** of sad old men.

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well you better go tell the NHS who describe how this thing whatever you want to define it as requires clinical diagnosis or perhaps go argue with the or maybe the Oxford English Dictionary which defines it as a mental disorder in its first sentence.

It is still completely irrelevant to her complete failure in answering a simple question from a journalist at a press conference that she chose to be on the panel of.

Bingo

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

She is not, and never has used autism as an excuse. 

She is reaping no rewards of 'celebrity' or of mingling with these 'high profile' politicians- they are desicable greedy lying individuals when seen through autistic eyes.

She is a young person who is fully aware of the fact that we are in the middle of a mass extinction event whose horrors will likely unfold in her lifetime, and is associating with this political trash only because she thinks it is carries a very small chance of causing change that could lower the damage.

Deluded.

There are plenty of environmental protesters and active campaigners, they don't get the fan mail and loved up media attention.

There are plenty of far more educated and qualified individuals who could give some real practical solutions but they dont get a smidgen of the access to high-profile politicians that she gets.    She is a celebrity cult.

Pushed along by her equally egotistical and influential parents and don't you  believe for a second she is not reaping the rewards and benefits of her fame.  Just where exactly do you think she is getting all this access for these multi-million-pound yachts to "greenly" take her around the world.... Just where is the money coming from for this uneducated school dropout to be travelling around preaching to the converted..... How exactly is she the one that gets all of this high-profile access when there are millions of other people campaigning and protesting. It's not by accident.

It is a fickle world of celebrity and I hope to god hers will burn out soon, even more now she no longer has the cutesy child sthick to carry her.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Deluded.

There are plenty of environmental protesters and active campaigners, they don't get the fan mail and loved up media attention.

There are plenty of far more educated and qualified individuals who could give some real practical solutions but they got get a smidgen of the access to high-profile politicians that she gets.    She is a celebrity cult.

Pushed along by her equally egotistical and influential parents and don't you  believe for a second she is not reaping the rewards and benefits of her fame.  Just where exactly do you think she is getting all this access for these multi-million-pound yachts to "greenly" take her around the world.... Just where is the money coming from for this uneducated school dropout to be travelling around preaching to the converted..... How exactly is she the one that gets all of this high-profile access when there are millions of other people campaigning and protesting. It's not by accident.

It is a fickle world of celebrity and I hope to god hers will burn out soon, even more now she no longer has the cutesy child sthick to carry her.

Bing... oh what's the use?

Some folk just have no self-awareness

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

Bing... oh what's the use?

Some folk just have no self-awareness

You can make all the silly jokes you want. I could not give a toss if you think of me as some grumpy old man.  

I have a different opinion which you can take or leave.

I don't see Greta as some glory child, beacon of hope that we should all be admiring.... I see her as some completely fake, deluded,  hypocritical individual caught in the Cult of celebrity.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You can make all the silly jokes you want. I could not give a toss if you think of me as some grumpy old man.  

I don't see Greta as some glory child, beacon of hope that we should all be admiring.... I see her as some completely fake, deluded,  hypocritical individual caught in the Cult of celebrity.  

We already knew that. You've told us before.

Saying it multiple times, in multiple, entitled ways, doesn't make it correct. 

In case you thought that your pomposity was some kind of winning strategy.

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think you're geting her mixed up with Boris Johnson.