Greta Thunberg

15 hours ago, sibon said:

Bing... oh what's the use?

Some folk just have no self-awareness

A couple of common sense rules about adimring 'do gooders',  (of any age).

1.  Beware of strangers bearing gifts.

2.  Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do!

3.  Follow the money, and hang on to your wallet.

Wiilingly or otherwise,  Greta has joined the ranks of the 1%  The elite. The very people she protests.

How many of her alruistic fellow marchers get chauferred around the world in expensive vehicles, Tesla's don't come cheap and neither do multimillion dollar plastic racing yachts.

How many of them have a tax free " foundation", to handle (transparently, she says) the mountains of money she brings in? Who is running this foundation?  One guess, because at this point nobody knows.

Here's a speculative possible alternative scenario, to explain the "Greta phenomenon". 

Jet setting parents, she an opera singer, he an actor. Mother's father is a noted producer/director. Her sister is a singer.

So they have Greta, withdrawn, depressed, with physical and and mental problems. How will she carry on the show biz tradition?  Writing children's books, or poetry, or any of the other pursuits, that they can promote, is a tough sell. So is modern art doodlings (unless you are a Van Gogh, or the son of a President, lol).

So what's she depressed about? Well, let's see. She's been told the world is going to end in 5/10/20 years. Those pretty flowers. birds, corals, dolphins, lakes, all gone, with nations at war battling over the scraps, a la Hollywood. We've all seen the movies.

She shares that belief with many other children, and adults who are (to be kind, let's say naive?)

But, hey! everybody loves a cute child, a puppy or a kitten. Let's get her out there to tell people about it! Everybody feels sorry for a depressed child. She could be a somebody, ya know?

Bingo!

Fame, fortune, money, Time Mag. covers. Nobel nominations, invited to speak to World Leaders, the works!

More than the rest of the family put together. Welcome to the lives of the rich and famous one percenters!

A feat that is, ironically enough, only possible in the Capitalistic West.

Here's Bob Dylan

"My guard stood hard, when abstract threats, too noble to reject,

deceived me into thinking I had something to protect.

"In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand at the mongrel dogs who teach,
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy in the instant that I preach"

"Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now!

Edited by trastrick

22 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Wiilingly or otherwise,  Greta has joined the ranks of the 1%  The elite. The very people she protests.

How many of her alruistic fellow marchers get chauferred around the world in expensive vehicles, Tesla's don't come cheap and neither do multimillion dollar plastic racing yachts.

How many of them have a tax free " foundation", to handle (transparently, she says) the mountains of money she brings in? Who is running this foundation?  One guess, because at this point nobody knows.

Here's a speculative possible alternative scenario, to explain the "Greta phenomenon". 

Jet setting parents, she an opera singer, he an actor. Mother's father is a noted producer/director. Her sister is a singer.

So they have Greta, withdrawn, depressed, with physical and and mental problems. How will she carry on the show biz tradition?  Writing children's books, or poetry, or any of the other pursuits, that they can promote, is a tough sell. So is modern art doodlings (unless you are a Van Gogh, or the son of a President, lol).

So what's she depressed about? Well, let's see. She's been told the world is going to end in 5/10/20 years. Those pretty flowers. birds, corals, dolphins, lakes, all gone, with nations at war battling over the scraps, a la Hollywood. We've all seen the movies.

She shares that belief with many other children, and adults who are (to be kind, let's say naive?)

But, hey! everybody loves a cute child, a puppy or a kitten. Let's get her out there to tell people about it! Everybody feels sorry for a depressed child. She could be a somebody, ya know?

Bingo!

Fame, fortune, money, Time Mag. covers. Nobel nominations, invited to speak to World Leaders, the works!

More than the rest of the family put together. Welcome to the lives of the rich and famous one percenters!

Here's Bob Dylan

perfectly put Sir!

30 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Bingo!

Here's Bob Dylan

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

< Large amount of piffle removed >

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

perfectly put Sir!

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Spot on. 

So, ... an extensive ad hominem attack based on prejudice. Well played sirs.