Pcn At Bradfield Road Car Park

3 hours ago, Possum Piper said:

Are you looking for possum removal services then Possum Piper is a professional possum removal and rodent removal company in Sydney. Contact us to remove Possum in the roof, call now -(02) 9186 3322.

Rodent Trap

How much would you charge for possum removal in a Sheffield post code out of interest ?

On 28/01/2022 at 08:48, S35_2o21 said:

I got a fine in that car park. I don't park there. I use the car park at Hillsborough Arena. I have to pay but at least I can plan the amount of time I need to be there for. 

The lady that got this ticket feels the same however the issue is loading and unloading at the British heart foundation, its a poor thing that they are deprived of charitable goods because these unscrupulous people are scaring people away.

It is understandable to to take action in genuine cases of causing problem, supposedly suffering a financial loss that the claim is to recuperate by careless parking, but the way this is set up, a single camera pointing away from the area so no real information on what the vehicle was doing is gained. Then intimidating people with court threats which many just pay out of fear is just a dodgy money making racket and quite disgusting, merely having the claim dropped by people feeling more confident to take them to task isn't good enough, the company (Nexus) needs putting out business.

On 29/01/2022 at 15:33, Arthur Ritus said:

The lady that got this ticket feels the same however the issue is loading and unloading at the British heart foundation, its a poor thing that they are deprived of charitable goods because these unscrupulous people are scaring people away.

It is understandable to to take action in genuine cases of causing problem, supposedly suffering a financial loss that the claim is to recuperate by careless parking, but the way this is set up, a single camera pointing away from the area so no real information on what the vehicle was doing is gained. Then intimidating people with court threats which many just pay out of fear is just a dodgy money making racket and quite disgusting, merely having the claim dropped by people feeling more confident to take them to task isn't good enough, the company (Nexus) needs putting out business.

I agree. I am not sure why some businesses allow these companies to manage parking in this way. For that BHF shop, I don't know where else people making large donations could park conveniently. I think it probably causes more ill-feeling towards the businesses themselves. 

There's a car park near me who fines 'overstayers' but it's an organisation that relies on people parking in it's car park! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2022 at 18:14, LovePotion said:

It is private property Isabelle and the onus is on you as a guest on the premises to familiarise yourself with the rules. If you are unable to read signage , I wonder how capable you are of reading road signs such as speed limits? Most car parks require permits these days. I think you should pay up and lesson learnt. 

I do believe nearby Morrison's offer complimentary parking for customers, so it might be worth parking there next time, if you are patronising Morrison's/The Barracks ofcourse. 

I hope this helps Isabelle.

I paid it (reluctantly) on the 13th day :D

It was my first parking fine in 14 years of driving (never had any points either BTW, for speeding or otherwise), so I've just chalked it up as an oversight on my part, it happens to everyone, we're all human!

#bekind 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/11/2021 at 18:25, dutch said:

Im sorry but those are council issues. If Sheffield council would be as hardcore on top of the parking management job as private companies are little of this would happen. 

It's a world of extremes.

As far as the response I got from Sheffield parking services, when I reported it, they said they were unable to deal with it due to current bylaws. Apparently they cannot currently enforce infringment of bus bays and legally the markings of the bay extend over the pavement to the nearest property boundary. Told me I would need to contact the police for them to deal. 

Spoke with our useless police farce and they said it was a council job. 

THAT is the major issue with enforcement in Sheffield and South Yorkshire as a whole, councils and police constantly playing hot potato instead of dealing with it. 

On 11/02/2022 at 12:48, Isabelle said:

I paid it (reluctantly) on the 13th day :D

It was my first parking fine in 14 years of driving (never had any points either BTW, for speeding or otherwise), so I've just chalked it up as an oversight on my part, it happens to everyone, we're all human!

#bekind 

It's not a fine, private companies do not have the power is issue fines. You are allegedly in breach of contract so they have sent you an invoice. Don't give these people an importance they do not deserve.  There is new legislation on the books that will hopefully curb these muggers.

4 hours ago, Elmambo said:

It's not a fine, private companies do not have the power is issue fines. You are allegedly in breach of contract so they have sent you an invoice. Don't give these people an importance they do not deserve.  There is new legislation on the books that will hopefully curb these muggers.

They maybe invoices but they are enforceable via court action. Legislation changes around 2015 IIRC made it far easier for the firms to go the court route and win. The invoice is then part of a court order as well as any and all fees.

The new legislation changes you are referring to won't stop them issuing and taking you to court to pay, it will only limit the maximum charge BEFORE court action is taken.  Since they will want their pound of flesh they WILL push the court action and extract as much as they can. 

16 hours ago, Resident said:

They maybe invoices but they are enforceable via court action. Legislation changes around 2015 IIRC made it far easier for the firms to go the court route and win. The invoice is then part of a court order as well as any and all fees.

The new legislation changes you are referring to won't stop them issuing and taking you to court to pay, it will only limit the maximum charge BEFORE court action is taken.  Since they will want their pound of flesh they WILL push the court action and extract as much as they can. 

All true, if you let them. There are many hurdles for them to jump before they can start issuing court claims. They tried it with me and it cost one PPC around £300 when they lost because of ambiguous signs.