Rotherham Cse In The News Again

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

You do understand that SYP have nothing to do with sentencing. 

Don’t you?

From the article 

Leona's faith in the police was shattered further, she alleges, when she discovered one of her abusers was a police officer. She claims she realised this when he picked her up once after she went missing.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

From the article 

Leona's faith in the police was shattered further, she alleges, when she discovered one of her abusers was a police officer. She claims she realised this when he picked her up once after she went missing.

Yes. I saw that.

But, the fact remains that SYP have no influence on sentencing.

For what it’s worth, I’d be happy with a whole life tariff for Spencer and those like her. But blaming the police for her sentence is nuts.

14 minutes ago, sibon said:

Yes. I saw that.

But, the fact remains that SYP have no influence on sentencing.

For what it’s worth, I’d be happy with a whole life tariff for Spencer and those like her. But blaming the police for her sentence is nuts.

I'm not sure but I got the impression that he feels that way because of their handling or rather lack of handling of the problem. I feel the same. I have real problems with them these days. As i said earlier the whole organization needs investigating and people need to be held accountable in a real way. I've never felt like this about them before, always helped when I can, been a good citizen  the whole bit but even typing this is making me very very angry. They didn't just ignore the abuse, they facilitated it and also joined in.

Edited by The_DADDY

As this sort of thing appears to be the only way that the police can be judged these days, they only have themselves to blame. I can’t recall  the last time that I saw a police officer on foot, we used to have school visits from the police, kids these days would have to be the perpetrator or victim of a crime in order to meet one on a face to face basis. :loopy:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It's absolutely awful, however,

#believeallwomen.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a thorough investigation to establish the facts, nor does it mean the default position of the authorities should be to disbelieve all suspects.

On 05/01/2023 at 07:41, Mister M said:

People like Willams crave attention and don't see the damage they cause, not just to the innocents they accuse but to the genuine victims who will think their stories will not be believed, thinking that it'll be dismissed as "crying wolf"

Conversely perpetrators and those that ally with them will use the acts, publically as a deflection and as a psycological weapon against those they're abusing, telling them that they'll be called a liar like Willams.

What it needs is for all accusations to be taken as true until investigated however with serious consequences for anyone found, like in Willams case as false.