Rotherham Cse In The News Again

I know that this isn’t in the spirit of this thread, but the massive independent inquiry into child abuse published its final report today.

Here is a summary:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/20/inquiry-calls-new-criminal-offence-failing-report-child-sexual-abuse?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The full report is available to download if you are interested.

Ok. I’ll leave you to your pseudo-angry postings. 

32 minutes ago, sibon said:

I know that this isn’t in the spirit of this thread, but the massive independent inquiry into child abuse published its final report today.

Here is a summary:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/20/inquiry-calls-new-criminal-offence-failing-report-child-sexual-abuse?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The full report is available to download if you are interested.

Ok. I’ll leave you to your pseudo-angry postings. 

From that summary it seems that the internet is the bogey man. I've not read the full report but I'll be interested to see if the finger will be pointed in the direction of EVERYONE involved. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of those responsible for the cover ups and on the rapists themselves. 

26 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

From that summary it seems that the internet is the bogey man. I've not read the full report but I'll be interested to see if the finger will be pointed in the direction of EVERYONE involved. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of those responsible for the cover ups and on the rapists themselves. 

The big recommendation is that it should become a crime to know about an incident of child abuse and fail to report it.

That’s similar to the duty under Prevent to report radicalisation.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

The big recommendation is that it should become a crime to know about an incident of child abuse and fail to report it.

That’s similar to the duty under Prevent to report radicalisation.

Yes, I like that. If (and it's a big if) any sentence on conviction is substantial and sends out a message.

Many things are illegal but all to often sentences are a joke. 

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This is good news but it should be backdated to include all the spineless ******** who've done nothing in the past.

14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This is good news but it should be backdated to include all the spineless ******** who've done nothing in the past.

I agree. From the Copper on the street to the social worker in the office to the councillor who looked the other way. Each and every person involved deserves serious jail time. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2022 at 22:50, top4718 said:

Hope people can see this clip, as despite it being fairly old it highlights exactly why these crimes shouldn’t be lumped with other CSE as some like to claim:

The late Harry Gration there with the most important question just as it cut off.

"Has justice been done?"

The answer is an overwhelming NO IT HAS NOT.

Yes there have been arrests and convictions of SOME of the perpetraitors but those who stood by and did nothing despite being the very ones who should have been protecting these girls haven't been brought to task. 

2 minutes ago, Resident said:

The late Harry Gration there with the most important question just as it cut off.

"Has justice been done?"

The answer is an overwhelming NO IT HAS NOT.

Yes there have been arrests and convictions of SOME of the perpetraitors but those who stood by and did nothing despite being the very ones who should have been protecting these girls haven't been brought to task. 

If you consider the scale of the abuse in Rotherham and the fact there's been only one major case says it all.