Rotherham Cse In The News Again

38 minutes ago, Resident said:

In an official hearing into the scandal a whistle-blower, a youth worker at the time, said this:

Yeah that aspect is well documented. I just think there's a difference between being racist towards white people and not wanting to be seen to be racist towards non-white people. Maybe the difference is semantic? I don't know.

22 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yeah that aspect is well documented. I just think there's a difference between being racist towards white people and not wanting to be seen to be racist towards non-white people. Maybe the difference is semantic? I don't know.

Not so much as being racist towards whites. But still racism.

Choosing NOT to act based on someone's ethnicity is just as racist as choosing to act  based on ethnicity. 

Change the context slightly, Would it be acceptable not to prosecute someone for domestic violence because the offender is a woman, or would that be sexism? 

9 minutes ago, Resident said:

Not so much as being racist towards whites. But still racism.

Choosing NOT to act based on someone's ethnicity is just as racist as choosing to act  based on ethnicity. 

Change the context slightly, Would it be acceptable not to prosecute someone for domestic violence because the offender is a woman, or would that be sexism? 

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not disputing any of what has been aired in public about the reasons the police failed to act and I'm not defending any of the organisations that should have taken these girls a lot more seriously. The only point I queried is whether the police's actions could be described as racist, but I don't that's the main issue. The main issue is whether they have learned anything. It's not just a SYP issue - I remember at the time Rotherham and Rochdale were being reported on that the Met confidently said there was no CSE on their patch. It's just a negligent approach and it's one that's symptomatic of crap police forces all over the country.

• 3 weeks later...

A man who was wanted over the indecent assault of a teenage girl in 2003 has appeared in court after being extradited from Bulgaria.

Shahid Hussain, 48, was detained by Bulgarian police officers at the Kapitan Andreevo border post on November 26 this year as he tried to enter the country from Turkey.

Hussain, a Pakistani national who previously lived in Rotherham, was sought by the National Crime Agency [NCA] for offences against a 14-year-old that were being investigated as part of Operation Stovewood.

He was charged in 2018 but absconded before appearing in court.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/shahid-hussain-appears-court-charged-28328879

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

A man who was wanted over the indecent assault of a teenage girl in 2003 has appeared in court after being extradited from Bulgaria.

Shahid Hussain, 48, was detained by Bulgarian police officers at the Kapitan Andreevo border post on November 26 this year as he tried to enter the country from Turkey.

Hussain, a Pakistani national who previously lived in Rotherham, was sought by the National Crime Agency [NCA] for offences against a 14-year-old that were being investigated as part of Operation Stovewood.

He was charged in 2018 but absconded before appearing in court.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/shahid-hussain-appears-court-charged-28328879

If found guilty, he should get extra time for going on the run.