Dolly Mooney

Nellsie

Yes he was a bouncer and remained really close friend of Dave Rothwell until he sadly died. Bobby was a person that seemed to always be around when I was growing up.  We lived next door to the White Swan (conveniently) don’t remember Chris.  Can I ask who your dad is? How is Bobby because he’ll be a similar age to my dad. Do you have any Sheffield pics of places  or familiar faces? Sorry for list of questions. 

Sorry I have read again seems you knew him, who are you lol

1 minute ago, Maxi Dawn said:

Yes he was a bouncer and remained really close friend of Dave Rothwell until he sadly died. Bobby was a person that seemed to always be around when I was growing up.  We lived next door to the White Swan (conveniently) don’t remember Chris.  Can I ask who your dad is? How is Bobby because he’ll be a similar age to my dad. Do you have any Sheffield pics of places  or familiar faces? Sorry for list of questions. 

Bobby isn't too bad he goes in the Penny Black most days.

• 1 year later...
On 22/03/2023 at 19:34, Maxi Dawn said:

Hi my name is Maxine and my dad is Fred Manners, he is still married to Carole. He is still alive and physically very fit for someone in their 80’s!  He is still a character and everything I read on here was no surprise (apart from him passing away). 
I’m currently putting a book together to keep his brain active. If anyone has any pics or photos they would be willing to share I would appreciate it. Anything that my dad would relate to,  Bobby English, Dave Rothwell, John Wragg, Mercer brother of Woodseats cars, Jackie Hudson. Or places he would have visited, I appreciate he visited lots of pubs and clubs. He was a footballer, car dealer, bouncer and a drinker…

I've so many memories of Fred your mum and Lisa  family holidays tenerife  1983 I think 10 adults 10 kids  him and my Dads  ( Albert Green) escapades !!!!! LMAO 😂 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:32, Cody's Granddad said:

are you by any chance related to the Rose family off the Flower estate. .pardon the pun

Some of them still with us David Kevin Lewis drowned at the pond near weston Park Tony was stabbed .

1 hour ago, SoulRebel72 said:

I've so many memories of Fred your mum and Lisa  family holidays tenerife  1983 I think 10 adults 10 kids  him and my Dads  ( Albert Green) escapades !!!!! LMAO 😂 

Albert Green  bricklayer?

1 minute ago, SoulRebel72 said:

Yes .

Brings back memories, Albert  Green and Bunny (George ) Grey   On the sites .  Then. The boating days . The last time I saw Albert was in a boat yard at Thorne .  It was a very interesting day .