Dolly Mooney

Nellsie

On 28/06/2024 at 09:43, jonnythefox said:

I used to do the odd welding jobs for albert when he had his yard on rudyard road,always treat me well and always paid me well a top bloke.

Hiya ... yep he was a hard worker and also  at the weekend used to party just hard.. his weekenders were legendary.. when he lived on Rudyard mews.  complete with a pool table  tree trunk wall partitions and stone fireplace with a pair of bison horns  jutting out of wall .. which originally were for mick critch.. he was going to saw them down and make a vikings helmet outta them !?.. 

7 minutes ago, SoulRebel72 said:

Hiya ... yep he was a hard worker and also  at the weekend used to party just hard.. his weekenders were legendary.. when he lived on Rudyard mews.  complete with a pool table  tree trunk wall partitions and stone fireplace with a pair of bison horns  jutting out of wall .. which originally were for mick critch.. he was going to saw them down and make a vikings helmet outta them !?.. 

I've pic but I'm new on here anyone know how I can attach pics 

37 minutes ago, SoulRebel72 said:

Hiya ... you are!????..

Parents house!?.. can you elaborate a bit more . My mum passed away when I was 10. 1982 a couple of years later he was with Brenda . 

Sent you a PM.

10 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Sent you a PM.

The house was at shirecliffe "Pamlair' ( pams'lair )we moved from the Wybourn  when I was 7 and was living there while they renovated it !! .. took them 3yr remember mum scraping matt black paint off this fireplace  which  was made out of marble with the 4 tiles on the inserts!! 

1 minute ago, SoulRebel72 said:

The house was at shirecliffe "Pamlair' ( pams'lair )we moved from the Wybourn  when I was 7 and was living there while they renovated it !! .. took them 3yr remember mum scraping matt black paint off this fireplace  which  was made out of marble with the 4 tiles on the inserts!! 

That's the one up Shirecliffe road, I can't believe how long ago it was.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

That's the one up Shirecliffe road, I can't believe how long ago it was.

40ish years ago !!

There was a  steel hull for a boat called "Landlocked" that was once in the  scrap yard he had nr  gardeners steel ( neepsend) on the side road. dad was going renivate and make sea worthy.. ended up selling it to a couple who were teachers and they sent pics to show end result .  Wow yeah its amazing how conversions can bring ya bk to that moment..  I'm not 51 anyway fxxk that ahahhaa I'm 40 + 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 14:57, gaz 786 said:

Some of them still with us David Kevin Lewis drowned at the pond near weston Park Tony was stabbed .

I knew of Tony but did all his Brothers drown at the same pond at the same time.

That's unusual, what happened there 

12 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

I knew of Tony but did all his Brothers drown at the same pond at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

David and Kevin still alive ...Lewis drowned ..Tony got stabbed and died