Any ideas on Christmas Meal venues???

Roxie

Hey,

Trying to think up a restaurant as near to the city centre as possible that could accommodate 50ish people round christmas time...

Most hotels seem to have their own little nights going on so unlikely I'd be able to hire a conference room thing...

Any ideas on where I could feed my friends?

Thank you!:)

Ditch going out at Christmas. You don't get the best service as the staff are stressed, including the chef. venues are packed out.

Why not be different and go at some other time of the year instead? Why do people always want to go out at Christmas anyway? You can have a get together at any time of the year.

I seriously know the feeling about thinking that far ahead, but with so many people it's one of those unfortunate downsides of being the person who organises stuff, and places book up fast... especially with so many people to seat.

Would love to alter the time of year but it's more of a "post-graduation" meal for people of my MA course and their families, so pretty immovable what with everyone moving away to pastures new!

Any ideas are gratefully received tho...

Beginning to think this may be an impossible feat...

what about private hiring a venue? cubana does this on sundays so does wig and pen, and i think trippets hires out on sundays too.

Dulo on london private hire out.

my boyfriend was at a xmas do at crystal last year and he said it was fab there.

Ive been to las iguanas for a few xmas do's and its always great there or BB's on division street.

Had a do at Takapuna Bar last year and that was great, tasty food and a sensible price, happy few hours on cocktail was able to mingle and be sociable and it was very relaxed. Kids were able to go as they allow them in till 8pm so friends with children where happy.

I think your best bet is to ring round a few places you fancy find out if they are doing anything special/different for xmas and at least book the date you want before other large groups book.

hope it helps officegirl

This reminds me of my last workplace. The PA always book around summer time. It's actually not too early to book right now. Some might consider it to be late. Especially if you are looking at city centre venues, cos most companies would want somewhere central. Easy for everyone to commute to !

When you say restaurant, and at Christmas... are u looking at a proper traditional-esque menu, or are you not too bothered on that ? Apart from hotels that do Christmas roasts and menus, many restaurants bring out their own 'Christmas special' around that time of the year. So if you book for 50 ppl in a small restaurant, it's almost completely yours like a private event anyway. Even though you dislike hotels, some have private function rooms, which I'm sure can fill 50 people easily. So it feels that bit more private.

Take your pick on any small restaurants in town.

We had a Xmas do one year at this place. A little bit way out, but worth looking at. http://www.baldwinsomega.com/index.asp

I was one of organisers of our Christmas do. Yes u have to start early i.e. next couple months. There were about 50 of us too.

Last year we went to Crystal. We had sit down meal upstairs in nice room then we had VIP lounge to ourselves. was £35 each and was a good night, quite classy.

The year before, we went to Novotel which i do not recommend. Its like a school dinner where we were all on 1 long table and we had to share the do with 3 other parties in a big room (communal dancefloor).

hope this helps

Archived