Beware On Council Repairs

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Get a better phone package then. Seriously how is this anyones fault but you own?

It is the fault of the council, and all the other organisations who think it is acceptable that people can't get in touch by phone without staying on hold for well over an hour.

It is also the fault of the army of apologists who rise up to defend these organisations abysmal contact mechanisms by blaming it on the victims.

Just my opinion of course :)

22 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And you know that involves spending money aye? Tell us where this "money" comes from: what do you cut to pay for it, and/or what % increase on taxation do you bring in?

Prevent the council for ******* their existing funds up the wall by hiring scammers like Amey [the tree scandal, using shoddy materials so that their road repairs need re-doing a couple of years after the repair, paying obsene hourly rates to 'consultants' etc, etc, etc]??

Just my opinion of course :)

12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It is the fault of the council, and all the other organisations who think it is acceptable that people can't get in touch by phone without staying on hold for well over an hour.

It is also the fault of the army of apologists who rise up to defend these organisations abysmal contact mechanisms by blaming it on the victims.

Just my opinion of course :)

Prevent the council for ******* their existing funds up the wall by hiring scammers like Amey [the tree scandal, using shoddy materials so that their road repairs need re-doing a couple of years after the repair, paying obsene hourly rates to 'consultants' etc, etc, etc]??

Just my opinion of course :)

well said,wasted money,re-fireworks communitys can do free displays in there area,if they set up committes and land ect and apply for monies via the lottery ect,if you add a few rides and beer outlet then you can offer a free huge display,offering a safe place to see them and free,re-the council they need to cut these expensive consultants and look at moving the huge amount of staff around  for a better service,also they set on loads of staff to visit each council house annually called patch officers and then found they could not do that by law,so use them to answer phones ect.there must be other ideas as well

43 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And you know that involves spending money aye? Tell us where this "money" comes from: what do you cut to pay for it, and/or what % increase on taxation do you bring in?

You have literally spent the last two weeks moaning they havent spent any money on fireworks 🤣

see above

dont be silly i am on about internal staff,but as you think the council is perfect the way its run/staffed and doesnt need a change that may be fine for you,but for the most they would disagree and its been proved by the voters,i agree the goverment is awfull and dont help by cutting funding and its even worse now with  the money that has to be found for the OAP HOMES ect,we have some good MPs ,but change of how we run housing  is a disgrace.

On 14/11/2021 at 18:32, HeHasRisen said:

You could try your luck in the private housing sector, of course 

well what happened about those fantastic hard working people that do a great job for scc,another 2 hours again today ,all i want is a decent service is that to much to ask?

i feel sorry for the phone workers,as most of the time after waiting 2 hours cannot even get hold of the dept they need to speak to,so they leave messages for that dept to contact the person,but 2 weeks later you ring again,because they have not contacted you,something needs sorting asap.

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

it must of been a emergency number,because if it was a repair or about a repair trust me its at least 60-120 mins try it if you dont believe it,why would i lie?

Because they wouldn't give you some money for the Lowedges Festival a few years ago? 🤣